Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: JPEG Compression in Tiff image

JPEG Compression in Tiff image

hello Sir

I have one tiff file while opened in microsoft office picture manager , when i compressed ( using JPEG Compression) in Tiff image its not showing the image but LZW and other formats working ..what is the reason for that ..??

thanks

Re: JPEG Compression in Tiff image

Quote Originally Posted by raju0003 View Post
    hello Sir

I have one tiff file while opened in microsoft office picture manager , when i compressed ( using JPEG Compression) in Tiff image its not showing the image but LZW and other formats working ..what is the reason for that ..??

thanks
    Not quite sure what you mean. When you save a TIFF you get different compression options than you do for a JPEG. LZW is the best one to use for TIFF.

I don't know about Office Picture Manager but some programmes, especially text editing software, will not work with some photo formats and compressed images are the most troublesome.

I would suggest that, like Carregwen said, you have compressed an image with one of those problem formats. Even LZW compressed Tiff images will not show in some software.

Check that the compression format which you are using is compatable with Microsoft Office.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by raju0003
    hello Sir

Hello raju0003,

PhotoShop Elements tells me this when I try to save as TIFF with JPEG compression:

JPEG Compression in Tiff image

Does that help?
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 24th July 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: deleted sarcy response to 'readimage'