Charley Simpson

Spring Time

Sony DSC-H5; 1\320@f4; ISO200. Some minor pp. C&C welcome
    Spring Time

Real Name
    John

Re: Spring Time

Crabbe,

Overall, a nice image, a nice transition of colors near the top of the tree, however there does appear to be some focusing issues the further you move up the tree. What f/stop did you use?

Real Name
    John

Crabbe,

I see it now, it looks like you used an aperture of f/2.8 that's probably why there is a loss of focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Crabbe,

Overall, a nice image, a nice transition of colors near the top of the tree, however there does appear to be some focusing issues the further you move up the tree. What f/stop did you use?

Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

1\320 sec. at f4. It takes VERY careful looking to see it, but you're right, it's there - or not there in focus. Thanks

Real Name
    Troy

it looks to me like severe JPEG compression rather than focus error. i think it compresses dark areas more than the midtones. looking at the full image i see much artifacts at contrast points too. a quality setting of 5 or 6 may have been used, correct?

definitely a photography no-no

Charlie

It's a nice shot, and I like the colours. Your camera is always going to struggle to get decent image quality due to it's configuration. It has quite a small sensor, and has a pixel density of 29MP cm2, which is extremely high. That may account for some of the comments above. Have you thought about getting an entry-level DSLR?

Your camera http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...sony_dsch5.asp

EDIT: Sorry, that doesn't sound too good. What I meant was it's a good camera to get started with and to improve, but you will get better results with even an entry-level DSLR. I still have my Fuji bridge camera - it takes pretty good shots, but not as good as my DSLRs
    Last edited by carregwen; 30th March 2010 at 08:29 AM.