Thread: Ivyleague Shed in Infared

Real Name
    Krista

Ivyleague Shed in Infared

I took a picture of this shed covered in ivy using a Cokin Infared filter. I then processed it in black and white.

Ivyleague Shed in Infared

Any C&C is appreciated!

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Ivyleague Shed in Infared

Hi Krista pleeeeease remove the water mark, my eyes just cant get past it

Real Name
    John

Nice capture, the watermark does tend to dominate the image.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Krista, I like the image very much but the watermark is very dominant

Real Name
    Krista

I put the watermark on to discourage downloads. I can reduce the image quality and remove the watermark, but then you would all tell me the image quality sucks.

Real Name
    Mark

HI Krista,

If anybody wants to download your image to steal it (they wont do that on here) its a simple process to remove the water mark in PS. We all go through this canumdrum at some stage in our photographic development but it comes down to this.

People who will steal your work wont be worth suing and if they are tog or graphics people they will simply clone out your watermark.

people who are worth suing wont steal, its easier for them to cross your palm with silver.

A lot of media sights strip out meta data now days, this is something you need to be more aware of.

if you really want to watermark it why not put a boarder around it with you name there?

Remember that we are here to help you not steal your work!

Real Name
    Binnur

In addition to Mark's comment, we sometimes download others' images in CinC just to edit and reupload it. Becaue we want to help someone in need and he/she sees the improvements in the image better this way. While doing this, we either ask for their permission or after reuploading we just say 'if you don't like it please let me know, I will remove it'

Real Name
    Krista

I don't mean to imply anyone here would steal my image. But there are some out there on other sites who would download without asking permission, either by ignorance or dishonesty.

Mark, I appreciate the info. I am still learning!
    Binnur, I also appreciate the comments. It is sometimes hard to see things through other people's eyes.

Would it help if I made the watermark smaller and more transparent? I know some people do that. I also could do the border thing. I often post images on other online sites (Facebook, Flikr, Viewbug) and have wondered why they don't have a watermark on their photos.

Real Name
    Mark

I don't mean to imply anyone here would steal my image. But there are some out there on other sites who would download without asking permission, either by ignorance or dishonesty.
    We know that Christa dont worry we arnt offended we just want you to display your work to us in the best way that you are comfortable withh, eventually youll drop the water mark, we all do

Mark, I appreciate the info. I am still learning!
    arnt we all? that what we are here for.

Binnur, I also appreciate the comments. It is sometimes hard to see things through other people's eyes.
    The only eyes that truly matter are yours, its good to take comment on board but if your happy with it then thats goal achieved.

Would it help if I made the watermark smaller and more transparent? I know some people do that. I also could do the border thing. I often post images on other online sites (Facebook, Flikr, Viewbug) and have wondered why they don't have a watermark on their photos.
    Whatever make you comfortable Krista, if your going to leave it on then please make it less obtrusive but as ive said in the past, even someone with my rudimentary PS skills can make it go away, would you like me to show you?

Please dont take offence by any of my comments and keep posting your great work

Real Name
    Binnur

+1 to Mark's post #9