Thread: Google Niksoft customer service

Real Name
    Mark

Google Niksoft customer service

Well i must admit im a little shell shocked!

ive finally decided to get to grips with photoshop and one thing that annoyed me was that id bought only the LR plugins for niksoft and now if you buy it you get the PS plugins as well for less than i payed for the LR ones....

Well of course i want them to work with both so i mailed niksoft to see if their was an upgrade price or did i have to pay the full price,,,,

To my total surprise they mailed me back saying i didnt appear to be on their system and if i mailed them the license keys they would give me the total package for free!!

GO GOOGLE GO!

Needless to say im not at home and dont have the disks to hand and wont have for another 10 weeks, so i mailed a screen grab with the info and i hope that will do....

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Google Niksoft customer service

Unbelievable they sent me the download link in under 5 mins!!

Real Name
    Allan Short

I up graded to Photoshop 14 CC, my Nik programs did not work, saved the link that Google sent when my hard drive crashed just after they took over Nik to download to reinstall on my computer. Double clicked on that save link, off to Google I went, it downloaded the programs into both Photoshop 14 CC and LR. I only play around in LR to see how it works as I am a Photoshop and Bridge kind of guy.
    One of the few companies that has provided excellent service, well in regards to Nik programs at least.

Cheers: Allan

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

+10 to Google...that is why I use their services -- though not their social one.

Real Name
    Richard

I have been very satisfied with the Google Customer Service regarding my NIK Software; far more satisfied than I ever was regarding Adobe's customer service for the various Photoshop issues which I have owned...

Real Name
    Dave

Yes, me too. I bought just before they took over and reduced the price - so they contacted me and sent a refund

Dave

Real Name
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Well i must admit im a little shell shocked!

ive finally decided to get to grips with photoshop and one thing that annoyed me was that id bought only the LR plugins for niksoft and now if you buy it you get the PS plugins as well for less than i payed for the LR ones....

Well of course i want them to work with both so i mailed niksoft to see if their was an upgrade price or did i have to pay the full price,,,,

To my total surprise they mailed me back saying i didnt appear to be on their system and if i mailed them the license keys they would give me the total package for free!!

GO GOOGLE GO!

Needless to say im not at home and dont have the disks to hand and wont have for another 10 weeks, so i mailed a screen grab with the info and i hope that will do....
    That was worth the effort

They (Google) just upgraded my Silver Efex pro 1 to the SEF2 edition for free, so I'm also very happy with their service and Googles Sketchup is very useful for free but I still won't use their Gmail, the most monitored and analyzed email available, I won't say Gmail is spied on as IIRC Google have made it clear that users emails are not private or secure, but their software is good

Real Name
    Mark

LOL. nothing is private for those determined to find out... especially governments, but as i do nothing wrong then its easier just to ignore it!