Thread: Walking after the rain - C&C Welcome

Real Name
    Raj

Walking after the rain - C&C Welcome

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to make it much better?

Please provide your views and suggestion with composition and processing.

Thank You

PS : Please click on the image for lightbox screen view (Highly recommended).

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Walking after the rain - C&C Welcome

Interesting image Raj. I find that the sharp images of the people's legs a bit distracting and wonder if a crop to cut most of them out might give you a more compelling, but also much more abstract image.

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured, I would if I were you sit in this area for as long as possible and really work the concept.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Interesting image Raj. I find that the sharp images of the people's legs a bit distracting and wonder if a crop to cut most of them out might give you a more compelling, but also much more abstract image.
    Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion.

Here is the cropped image as suggested.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured, I would if I were you sit in this area for as long as possible and really work the concept.
    Thanks a lot for your valuable review and suggestion. I'm waiting for the rain to come and will try more shots similar to this.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Raj - I personally would go for an even tighter crop, probably to the point where it is hard to discern that the bottom part of the picture is the people walking.

I find that my eyes seem to be directed there, rather than to the blurry reflections, so the two parts of the image seem to be in competition with each other. Eliminate that competition, and you will have a stronger image.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

sit in this area for as long as possible and really work the concept.
    I applaud the concept...you need to work it some more but, you're on the right track.

Real Name
    Raj

Raj - I personally would go for an even tighter crop, probably to the point where it is hard to discern that the bottom part of the picture is the people walking.

I find that my eyes seem to be directed there, rather than to the blurry reflections, so the two parts of the image seem to be in competition with each other. Eliminate that competition, and you will have a stronger image.
    Once again thanks a lot for providing your valuable time. Sorry, m on the learning curve so i do make mistakes in understanding things Here are 3 crops. Please suggest so that i can have any idea and work more on it as suggested :

Crop #1 :

Crop #2 : (More Cropped)

Crop #3 : Shifted the girl upwards and cropped more and blurred the real feet a bit.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I applaud the concept...you need to work it some more but, you're on the right track.
    Thanks a lot for your kind review. I will surely go for a reshoot for such scenes and will surely work on them more.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I prefer #2, as the shorter girl seems to add more white space and perspective, than the crop in #3.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Raj. I like crop #1 and crop #2, if had to choose I would choose crop #1 though, because having some of the real legs makes the wiever think and find out how the photo was shot.In a way it is like a puzzle

Real Name
    Raj

I prefer #2, as the shorter girl seems to add more white space and perspective, than the crop in #3.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have studied and compared it is certainly looking better now.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi Raj. I like crop #1 and crop #2, if had to choose I would choose crop #1 though, because having some of the real legs makes the wiever think and find out how the photo was shot.In a way it is like a puzzle
    Thanks for your valuable review and suggestion. Yes, thats what the idea is to create a puzzle but seems a little movement of the subject matters a lot. Will work on such stuffs more and harder.