Thread: 11 things that drive most photographers crazy

11 things that drive most photographers crazy

As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some things that just don’t fly with photographers. I think every professional, regardless of field of work, has a few of these things he can’t stand to hear or go through, for various reasons. They might make them feel disrespected, underestimated, unappreciated, etc.

http://www.photographytalk.com/photo...graphers-crazy

Do you know other good things that drive most photographers crazy?

Real Name
    Wayland ( aka. Gary Waidson )

Re: 11 things that drive most photographers crazy

Fortunately I don't have many "clients" to deal with these days. My landscape photography is mainly taken for my own pleasure now.

The one thing that does raise my blood pressure when on a beautiful location, is litter.

It's nearly always dropped by tourists, so these scumbags visit somewhere because it is so nice and then start to foul it up for everybody else.

What really makes my blood boil is when I find rubbish left by others photographers...

On a recent trip to Iceland, the only litter we found anywhere was definitely photographic in nature and it left me feeling so angry.
    Last edited by Wayland; 23rd July 2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typo

Real Name
    Richard

Re: 11 things that drive most photographers crazy

I enjoy shooting reenactments, be they U.S. Civil War, Renaissance, etc. What drives me crazy (and what I am always seeking to avoid) is any intrusion of modern artifacts in my image, including but, not limited to: Power cables, modern structures, cars as well as things like ball point pens in pockets and modern eye glasses being worn...

That is why I prefer shooting with longer focal lengths. My favorite lens for that type of photography is the 70-200mm f/4L IS on a 1.6x camera (heck, that is just about my favorite lens for much of my photography including portraits of people and dogs). However, I wouldn't mind shooting those venues with an f/2.8L version go get even more shallow depth of field.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 24th July 2014 at 02:02 AM.