Thread: Gopro experience anyone?

Gopro experience anyone?

Does anyone have comments about a Gopro as a viable alternative to a quality camera, in environments where you wouldn't want to take said QC? E.g. The sea or other water, and the beach.

I guess one answer is that the best alternative is a pro underwater housing, but I'd appreciate comments from those who have tried to get the best from a Gopro (a 10 or 12 mp version) - were you happy with the results, allowing for the limitations of the environment?

A good many years ago we bought disposable underwater film cameras for our three kids on a holiday in Greece. I was impressed with the results, not least because they eliminated the worry of getting sand and salt in the works of my life's joy (one of them).

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Gopro experience anyone?

My stepson uses ours for when he goes flying our airplanes...and oh, not to forget, he put it also in the collar of his dog and called it "dog's eye-view" and put the images in Facebook. It is a great toy...

Well, I guess toy is how it should be considered. But as they say, the best camera is the one you have with you. And if you go somewhere you can take a Gopro but can't take your "real" camera, something seems to be not quite right!

Real Name
    Warrick

This was taken with a GoPro.

Gopro experience anyone?

Of course it was.