Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: UK Frame supplier

Real Name
    Mark

UK Frame supplier

Ive just ordered a stock of mounts for my printing, does anyone have a recommendation for a frame supplier based in the UK whilst i dont want cheap i do like to get value for money, if you know what i mean

Re: UK Frame supplier

Depends on what type of frame you want, of course. I get black aluminium Nielson frames with plastic glass, usually from Amazon, but occasionally directly from the suppliers listed there. I couldn't find a single cheap supplier for Nielsen frames.

Real Name
    Mark

i take it that Nielsen are THE name in frames then? i really know nothing about the subject

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Mark,

Depending where you are in South UK, you could have a look at diyframing, though you'd have to visit one of their places for a proper bespoke service . I haven't had any of their made up frames, but I'm happy with their cut service for frames I assemble myself.

Dave

I tend to get mine from Range in Plymouth, Mark.

Not top quality but acceptable and good prices. But I haven't been there recently to see what their current stock is like.

And up to A4 size, I have found some quite good frames in my local supermarket, although limited in choice.

Nielsen are a big name and high quality - I don't know about THE name I wanted a set of standard size frames that could be used for most colour pictures, because I swap them around quite a lot at home. My starting point was the sort of frame you see at big exhibitions: thin and black. In my searches I think I came across companies that made custom frame sizes from Nielson components, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I hang them from rails with thin nylon (e.g. www.picturehangingsystems.co.uk, but there are others), which makes changing layouts easy as long as you use standard frame sizes. A typical layout I use is a block of 8 A3 frames in two columns, hung close together. Neither Nielsen nor the hanging systems are cheap, but they're all reusable.

Real Name
    Mark

thanks everybody, ill look at range and Nielsen stuff

Real Name
    Peter

UK Frame supplier

I've used Nielsen frames which I purchased via e-frame (worth a Google! Sorry I don't have a link).

I have some prints hanging at home by a well known and local landscape photographer, think about where pasties come from in the UK and you may realise who he is😉

SWMBO wanted to have some of my images on display and suggested that they should be in similar framing material. I tried without success to locate similar material at numerous suppliers. This meant that my images didn't get pride of place, then I took one of the aforementioned landscapes off the hook to obtain its dimensions; guess what.....yep they are Nielsen frames. Now why didn't I do that in the first place DOH!

I would recommend them as they are well made, reusable, and meet SWMBO's high standards, shame my images don't do them justice 😏