Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm impressed with B&H photo

Re: I'm impressed with B&H photo

I also appreciate B & H, really their service is great......
    Always satisfy their customers..

Real Name
    Richard

I have purchased multiple photographic and electronic items from B&H, including a laser printer, a computer monitor, two 7D bodies and quite a few lenses... The results have been very satisfying...

I usually shop with either B&H or Adorama (both in New York City) and I am extremely satisfied with both organizations...

I will go one further and say that if you see an item advertised on the web at a price significantly cheaper that from B&H and Adorama, the ad is very likely a scam...

Real Name
    Nick

That would be comforting to know about the prices. I don't want to throw cold water on this topic, but B&H has told me they absolutely are legitimate sellers of Adobe Lightroom, but when Adobe is asked if they are authorized sellers of it, they repeetedly say "No".

My comments are unfortunately not so good for Adorama either, but maybe I wouldn't have had any trouble if I hadn't tried to get a refund.

Real Name
    Dan

I don't want to throw cold water on this topic, but B&H has told me they absolutely are legitimate sellers of Adobe Lightroom, but when Adobe is asked if they are authorized sellers of it, they repeetedly say "No".
    This puzzled me, so I looked into it. It took me only a minute or two on the web to find that this is not correct. Go to this link, http://adobedealreg.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en, and search for Adobe authorized resellers in New York. Put in nothing but New York and the United states. The very first one on the list is B&H, which is listed as a "platinum" reseller. They do misspell "photo" in the name, but the link that Adobe provides takes you directly to the B&H website. It sounds like the problem you encountered was uninformed people at Adobe, not a problem with B&H.

Real Name
    Nick

Thanks Dan, I would probably trust that link more than the adobe agents on that matter I guess. I think B&H Photo probably are authorized sellers.

Real Name
    Mike

Several years ago I bought a pair of large binoculars via the web and mail from B&H, no problem at all (shipped to LA).

More recently I bought a used Canon Rebel DSLR from them online, after checking local used camera store prices and based on my past experience with B&H. B&H beat the local price by $100 for the same exact kit and B&H had a rating on theirs (9) which the local store didn't. Camera arrived when expected and in the condition promised, and my daughter has been using it for her college photo class, no problem.

I was aware of Adorama as an alternative but read some questionable forum comments about them years ago so stuck with B&H since I had bought there once already. I'd surely buy from them again.

For those of you who haven't been to NYC in person (I am originally from NJ), shopping there is like being in a Middle Eastern bazaar (I have been to those too!).

Real Name
    wm c boyer

I'm thinking that a whole host of companies could benefit from their customer service attitudes...
    Cosco seems to do well, Canon Repair...less so. Angry...you betcha!

Real Name
    Nick

Never bought from B&H yet, but I like how they will chat with you on their website about their products, and help you know what you need.

Real Name
    Tareq Alhamrani

I am a constant customer with B&H, i first bought from them in 2006, and since then i never stopped buying stuff from them, i can safely say that i spend something around $100,000 on them more or less, if i didn't buy my Hasselblad digital medium format locally then i am sure i will be spending over $200,000 on B&H, i am a very happy camper, even if a mistake happen with them, that doesn't destroy years and years of excellent service with them.

By the way, soon i am going to order from them again, to get ready for my travel to USA [PNW].

I just happened to wander past the B & H Superstore in NYC last night.

Heaven only knows what order they were filing with THIS:

I'm impressed with B&H photo

B & H is the "Gold Standard" of photographic supply stores by which all others are measured. If you go there in person, you will find that their staff will make every effort to find out what you NEED, and will sell you that; rather than try and sell you the most expensive item they can manage. Beyond honesty, they have integrity – and a passion for the business of photography.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by John Morton View Post

Oh, fantastic. My order is shipping!

Well Donald, you might want to double-check that you submitted the correct item number for your new camera battery...

Real Name
    Carol

Quote Originally Posted by John Morton View Post

I'm impressed with B&H photo

Wow! I didn't think my polarizer filter I ordered was that heavy!

Real Name
    Carol

I've been impressed with B&H; but with my last order even more so! I ordered just a polarizer filter. It said "Free expedited shipping". I naturally assumed that would be post office, as that would be the least expensive. Imagine my surprise when it was shipped Free, via UPS!!! How amazing is that! Not only that, but it shipped the same day I ordered it!

Hats off to this great company!

Real Name
    Tana Reiff

I had exactly the same experience with B&H recently, also a circular polarizing filter. I couldn't believe when UPS arrived at my door less than 24 hours after I placed the order. B&H has always been great for me but this order takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by csa mt View Post
    I've been impressed with B&H; but with my last order even more so! I ordered just a polarizer filter. It said "Free expedited shipping". I naturally assumed that would be post office, as that would be the least expensive. Imagine my surprise when it was shipped Free, via UPS!!! How amazing is that! Not only that, but it shipped the same day I ordered it!

Hats off to this great company!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12