Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Intrepid? Dangerous wildlife photos

Real Name
    Pops

Intrepid? Dangerous wildlife photos

This was posted in one of the other fora I visit. It is too big to cut and paste here, but well worth the visit to view.

Photographer spends months immersed in a muddy watering hole to get pictures to match his vision.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0ij6FsYbc

Pops

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Intrepid? hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by PopsPhotos View Post
    This was posted in one of the other fora I visit. It is too big to cut and paste here, but well worth the visit to view.

Photographer spends months immersed in a muddy watering hole to get pictures to match his vision.

Pops
    Holy crap!!!! Incredible photos. In the third one the lion second from the left definitely has a bead on him. I'm amazed he survived. She looks mean. He would not have had to worry about disease if she and her freinds got a hold of him.
    I hope this is an unusual case for a photographer to go to such extremes, but he sure got the shots.
    Last edited by ScoutR; 20th March 2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo

Real Name
    John

Wildlife photographers and war correspondents put themselves in this type of danger on a daily basis. I saw a documentary about National Geographic photographers and the photographers interviewed stated that it was an adrenalin rush to do the things they do to capture an image.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Holy crop!!!! Incredible photos. In the third one the lion second from the left definitely has a bead on him. I'm amazed he survived. She looks mean. He would not have had to worry about disease if she and her freinds got a hold of him.
    I hope this is an unusual case for a photographer to go to such extremes, but he sure got the shots.

Incredible indeed! And dedicated too.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Now that's what I call dedication.

I am not that dedicated to risk my life from the unseen nasties in the water.
    With knowledge of behaviour, the animals are one thing, but the bugs are quite another.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Pity he didn't know about pocket wizards!