Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Brick workers

Real Name
    António Correia

Brick workers

Today, the 11th September I headed to the building construction site to shoot some pictures of the workers doing their job having this time the company of two young Architects.
    The young woman I have shot before and owner of the building and a young man.

The sky was cloudy and no direct light from the Sun.
    And I was inside the construction, having however large areas of open space to the outside, where the light was coming from.
    As she was talking to a worker I shot these two others.

When we finished the workers - one of them just told me he didn't want to be shot - I took a picture of her again in another pose with the help of the assistant.

I used Aperture priority and the 580 with Gadjet Infinity + 5D + 24-70mm, expecting to buy Radioppoper one of these days...
    The use of the flash in some of these pictures is so tender/soft that we can't say it was there at all.
    But it has been there all the time.

1. Brick workers2. Brick workers3. Brick workers4. Brick workers

Re: Brick workers

all ppl in these pics are photogenic as usual!specially the lady in the last pic! i like her upturned nose u captured so well! i hope she wont tear the pic ! the third pic focus is all over the place! its the worst pic in the focus dept! one of the wheel barrows handle , aiming for his hips,is totally scary and vulgar at the same time

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    all ppl in these pics are photogenic as usual!specially the lady in the last pic! i like her upturned nose u captured so well! i hope she wont tear the pic ! the third pic focus is all over the place! its the worst pic in the focus dept! one of the wheel barrows handle , aiming for his hips,is totally scary and vulgar at the same time

Thank you for the comment taken. Or thank you for the comment, not taken but wrote.
    Comma question. Do you get what I mean ?
    Thank you for the comment taken is not the same as Thank you for the comment, taken.

This time I was carefull, still not enought, with the focus point and the speed I was getting.
    I have used 400 ISO to get a highter speed using large apertures.
    I must be very carefull shooting this way.
    I still blur pictures because the speed is very low.
    Why ? Because I am so concentrated on composing and giving orders, look-at-me type, that I forget to look at the speed I am working with on that shot.
    And sometimes I go down as far as 1/8 what - of course - blurs the picture.

i like teh pics , i like pic 3 for its depth it brings out because of the perspective of the shot

you could ahve focused on the man and the barrow handle to blur the entire barrow

this would give a nice touch to the picture

like the background wall color which adds to the effect

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist81 View Post
    i like teh pics , i like pic 3 for its depth it brings out because of the perspective of the shot
    you could ahve focused on the man and the barrow handle to blur the entire barrow
    this would give a nice touch to the picture
    like the background wall color which adds to the effect

Thank you edonyst for your comments.
    Sometimes I take the picture - I mean - When I take the pictures, I wish I could do it better...

I am rarely satisfied with my images ...