Thread: Singh-Ray Blog

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Singh-Ray Blog

Hi Folks,

For those who are interested, Singh-Ray have just published another article of mine on their blog.

http://singhray.blogspot.com/

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Singh-Ray Blog

Good one, Colin. Congrats on having another published.

Real Name
    Rod

nice review.

Real Name

Thanks Donald & Rod.

Real Name
    Ali

Hi Colin,

Very nice as always. We feel special reading this as we have seen the pictures before

Two questions: By sandfly you mean Phlebotomos? You guys have Leishmaniasis down there?

Also, I know you have explained this several times before, but as you know, it is our turn with the nice weather up here in New England and I was wondering if you could explain to us in a little bit more detail what you mean by this:

"I simply set my camera to combine into one exposure some thirty identical 3-second exposures that produced the equivalent of one 90-second exposure."

Specially, I am curious to know if you really meant your camera combined them all? Or you meant it was taken and then stacked in PP?

Thanks!

Real Name

Hi Ali,

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    Two questions: By sandfly you mean Phlebotomos? You guys have Leishmaniasis down there?
    Ummm. Ummm. "little annoying things about the size of fleas, but with wings" is probably about the best way I can think of to describe them.

Also, I know you have explained this several times before, but as you know, it is our turn with the nice weather up here in New England and I was wondering if you could explain to us in a little bit more detail what you mean by this:

"I simply set my camera to combine into one exposure some thirty identical 3-second exposures that produced the equivalent of one 90-second exposure."

Specially, I am curious to know if you really meant your camera combined them all? Or you meant it was taken and then stacked in PP?
    Ah ...

... to be honest, I missed that bit (I proof read it on my iPhone) (when I send in a story the editor formats it into a standardised format, and occasionally things like this get changed slightly). In reality I had the camera take the 30 shots and then just combined them in Photoshop.

Sorry for the confusion!

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Colin,

Quick question mate, how do you combine them in Photoshop? Do you use the photomerge feature or do you stack them as layers and change the opacity? Just curious.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Chelseablue View Post
    Colin,

Quick question mate, how do you combine them in Photoshop? Do you use the photomerge feature or do you stack them as layers and change the opacity? Just curious.
    Hi Mark,

"The latter". 100% / 50% / 33% / 25% / 20% etc. (going up the layer stack). If there are a lot to do then I usually break them into groups of about 8, and then just combine them in a 2nd round. Boring job to do, but effective