Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Creepy Door

Real Name
    Jason

Creepy Door

These are two of my favorite pictures. They were taken at an old abandoned reform school. This is my first post. hope you all like it
    Creepy Door
    Creepy Door
    Thats it for now. thanks alot and let me know what you all think
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rhoads238; 12th March 2010 at 05:03 AM.

Re: Creepy Door

Hi there, and welcome to here (your first post). I like these shots, especially the second one. I like the thing hanging down in shot #1 but not sure about the out of focus. Shot 2 is good - lot's of humour and dialogue. I think yours is better than my similar one, which I did a few weeks ago. You're next (that's you!)

Not sure if you are male or female, but if you go to places such as this, it's best to take a friend. I could tell you stories!

Real Name
    Jason

its a light fixture that was hanging from the cealing. your right about the focus it could have been sharper. if i ever had the chance to do it again i would have had my friend stand out of the shot in the door way, to make a human shadow come out into the hallway. im 21 and a male but i would never go alone, especially with my d90 hahaha. i loved your picture. i feel like tags are a great topic for photography.

I like these very much. Really creepy.. look more like a jail, not a school..

Real Name
    Troy

Yes, creepy I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the place still gets electricity

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by pwnage101 View Post
    Yes, creepy I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the place still gets electricity
    its actually the sun setting through a window that the boards had been ripped off. the rest rooms on the hallway had boards over the windows. the sunset was at just the right angle to completly flood the room. It was actually kinda creepy how bright it was in that room. the light looks more orange than usual because i set the white ballance to cloudy and i also retouched it for higher contrast

Real Name
    Steve

I don't think they are creepy at all; but I do like the second especially the double exposure, great work with that.

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    I don't think they are creepy at all; but I do like the second especially the double exposure, great work with that.
    im going to add my double exposure one to show it off hahaha. thanks alot
    Creepy Door

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads238 View Post
    im going to add my double exposure one to show it off hahaha. thanks alot
    Creepy Door
    Now this is really REALLY cool! And extra creepy - I think I won't be able to fall asleep tonight after seeing this

Real Name
    Jason

this is one i took of myself with a timer. i also did one in the cafeteria but they didnt come out as good as i wanted. i want to reshoot in the cafeteria soon.
    Creepy Door
    Creepy Door
    i really wish the cafeteria came out better. i might try doing the kitchen too. maybe dress up like a chef or something and do a ghost shot of that hahaha

2 is very powerful. A step to the left would keep the chair from intruding on the word bubble and (IMHO) add to the power of the shot.

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tedor View Post
    2 is very powerful. A step to the left would keep the chair from intruding on the word bubble and (IMHO) add to the power of the shot.
    did you mean the second double exposure or the first? they both should have had the chair moved back a little. im really hoping to get another chance to go back. i heard that the site is being auctioned off soon so it may not be around for too much longer.

i really want one of my friends to dress up like a chef and take pictures in the kitchen.

if i can ever get another shot of the first picture i would have someone stand in the just behind the doorway so there could be a shadow coming out of the room into the hallway. i think that would have really made this shot stand out.