Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: London by night by Steve

Real Name
    Steve

London by night by Steve

Hi guys, i know i've registered here. And done my hello etc. But i haven't posted an actual pic, so i thought i'd share a couple of my personal favourites for you to have a look at, and give some feedback on the pictures;

London by night by Steve

London by night by Steve

Ok, maybe the titles mis-leading. How do you edit the title? Sorry.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 12th March 2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: change thread title

Real Name
    Rick

London by night by Steve

Nice shots! I like #1 better: I love the way the colors of the wheel peek through the lights of the trees. It appears tilted: maybe rotate it CW a bit?

Cheers,
    Rick
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 12th March 2010 at 07:19 AM.

Real Name
    Wendy

London by night by Steve

Ok, maybe the titles mis-leading. How do you edit the title? Sorry.
    Hi Steve: both great shots, I might crop just above the wheel in number one, but that's pretty subjective and not a biggy. Nice lighting in number 2.

If you start a new post you should be able to type in the title for the post in the "Title" text box
    If you reply to a post and want to change the title - click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom and then you will have the option to change the title in the "Title" text box. That's how I do it, there may be better or easier ways. I tend to do things the hard way, but it works.

Wendy
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 12th March 2010 at 07:20 AM.

Real Name
    Steve

London by night by Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rick55 View Post
    Nice shots! I like #1 better: I love the way the colors of the wheel peek through the lights of the trees. It appears tilted: maybe rotate it CW a bit?

Cheers,
    Rick
    Yeah, i did notice it appearing titled, bare in mind i did take that picture without a tripod. (Have got one now).

ScoutR;

That was using the lighting around St Pauls Cathedral, i do have one of Westminster Abbey, but i don't think that came out too well.

Real Name
    Rick

London by night by Steve

Hi, Steve;

What do you use for post-processing? You can rotate it there. I normally use Photoshop, but I used ImageJ (which is free) to look at how much I would rotate your photo (looks like 1.5 deg CW), because I can do lots of analysis. ImageJ will do the rotation. The GIMP is also free, and will do rotations (and pretty much anything else you want).

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Wendy

London by night by Steve

ScoutR;

That was using the lighting around St Pauls Cathedral, i do have one of Westminster Abbey, but i don't think that came out too well.
    Steve:
    I wouldn't mind seeing it. By the way sorry about getting your name wrong in my previous post.
    Wendy
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 12th March 2010 at 07:21 AM.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: London by night by Steve

No problem, and sure let me upload it.

Rick;

Funny you should mention "Gimp", as i do use it. Alright, it isn't exactly photoshop but it does the job well.

Wendy;

London by night by Steve

I like 1, but I 'd like to see it much darker, so the sky goes almost completely black. Then, clone out the 3 bright blue lights at the top RHC. 2 is not as sharp as it should be, but considering it's hand held, not too bad.

Mind if I give it a whirl?
    Last edited by Terry Tedor; 19th March 2010 at 12:39 PM.

Real Name
    Wendy

No problem, and sure let me upload it.
    Steve: Sorry, I don't know what happened, but I missed this when you posted it. You may not like this as well as the first 2 but I'd consider this a keeper if it was mine. I love the lighting and colours, subject matter is pretty nice too. We don't have buildings like this in Canada, it was probably built before Canada existed.