Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Grab It Whilest You Can - OnOne software Perfect Effects For Free

Real Name
    John

Grab It Whilst You Can - OnOne software Perfect Effects For Free

OnOne are giving away the latest version of their "Perfect Effects" application totally free for a limited period. Installs on Mac or Win machines as a stand alone application or as a plugin for PS, Elements, Lightroom and Aperture. I have downloaded it and the only catch that I can see is that you give them your e-mail address. So I guess there will be a few marketing shots on the way but it looks worth having and so I'm OK with that. Get it here and enjoy:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/landing/pe8offer
    Last edited by John 2; 6th May 2014 at 09:13 PM.

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Grab It Whilest You Can - OnOne software Perfect Effects For Free

Unfortunately, my computer is 32 bit. This software requires 64 bit.
    Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Bruce

Real Name
    Maria

Thanks for posting this!

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks John.

I too am using a 32 bit machine just now but it may be possible to make use of this software in the future.

Although the link leads you to a screen that gives the choice of Mac install or Windows install, if you click on either it does not install (or attempt to install) the software.

All that happens is it downloads to whatever folder you have specified for Downloads. If you copy and save the licence number I reckon the software could be used if the OS is upgraded to 64 bits in the future.

Dave

Real Name
    Richard

I was able to get the OnOne Perfect Photo Suite at a reduced price a year or two ago and really like it. There is some overlap between Perfect Photo Suite and the NIK Software but, there is enough difference that I enjoy using both of these systems and choose the best of each system for each editing need.

However, you can do just about everything or anything you can do with Perfect Photo or NIK if you know how to use Photoshot effectively. However, it is a lot easier and quicker for me to work with Perfect Photo or NIK when I can.

BTW: A combination of Lightroom and Perfect Photo Suite (the version for Lightroom is less expensive) is a great combination because Perfect Photo Suite allows you to work with layers....

Real Name
    John

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I only fooled with it a couple of minutes but looks like it will be fun and useful.

An interesting note is that I have two Mac computer - desktop and notebook. When I went to the link above on the desktop computer I was directed to the download of their "free" version. When I did the same thing on the notebook I was directed to the purchase page for the fully licensed Premium Edition for a price of $0.00. The "free" version is not the same as the "Premium" version for free so pay attention to which one you are downloading.

John
    Last edited by PhotomanJohn; 8th May 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Real Name
    Bruce

I was able to download the OnOne Perfect Effects software on my laptop.

Bruce

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

If you saw mention of the promotion at Peta Pixel indicating that they didn't know when it would end, the OnOne web site clearly states that May 12 is the last day.