Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Help to Download in Bridge

Real Name
    Allan Short

Help to Download in Bridge

Up until today I would insert my SD card into the computer, and it would download my images in bridge I run Photoshop CC, well for some unknow reason it wants to use windows viewer. What do I need to do to make Bridge my chosen downloader.

Cheers: Allan

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Help to Download in Bridge

With Windows 7 try going to Control Panel then Auto play. In the pictures option you should be able to select Adobe Bridge. I think the default setting is windows viewer and it seems to sometimes revert to it after an update. Also check further down the list to make sure your SD card reader is not listed specifically. If it is change its default to adobe bridge.

You may also be able to reset it by editing the adobe bridge preferences or options but I use lightroom so I have not played with bridge settings for a few years.

Real Name
    John

Just ignore it and close it down. Open Bridge, select "File" then "get photos from camera" and in the drop down menu select the appropriate source. You may find that your camera is listed rather than your card reader because your card will be identified with it.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Thanks Paul and John was not sure where exactly to look, did what you said john and got the images into bridge, than did what Paul said.
    Thanks a lot for the quick help.

Cheers: Allan