Thread: auto align layers in PS CC

Real Name
    Binnur

auto align layers in PS CC

I tried to put my original file and edited file as stack layers in PS CC, but because I cropped the edited file in photoshop I have got two files in different sizes. So, when I put them as stack layers, auto-align function doesn't work. What do I have to do to align them ? For putting them as stack layers, I opened one of the files in photoshop as background layer and then in windows I navigated for the other file, selected it and dragged it onto my already opened image in PS and clicked commit transform button. The second image was there as a layer. So did I do it right?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: auto align layers in PS CC

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    I tried to put my original file and edited file as stack layers in PS CC, but because I cropped the edited file in photoshop I have got two files in different sizes. So, when I put them as stack layers, auto-align function doesn't work. What do I have to do to align them ? For putting them as stack layers, I opened one of the files in photoshop as background layer and then in windows I navigated for the other file, selected it and dragged it onto my already opened image in PS and clicked commit transform button. The second image was there as a layer. So did I do it right?
    If the two images are too different, Auto Align can't function. You can manually size and position the two image so that the alignment is close and that sometimes works. If not, you can align them manually. To open multiple images in Photoshop, I first open Bridge from within Photoshop, select all the images I want opened as layers, then from the Tools Menu, Photoshop, I select "Load Files into Photoshop Layers..." For me, this is the fastest way, particularly for a large number of image files for focus stacking projects, for example.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you Frank

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    If the two images are too different, Auto Align can't function. You can manually size and position the two image so that the alignment is close and that sometimes works. If not, you can align them manually. To open multiple images in Photoshop, I first open Bridge from within Photoshop, select all the images I want opened as layers, then from the Tools Menu, Photoshop, I select "Load Files into Photoshop Layers..." For me, this is the fastest way, particularly for a large number of image files for focus stacking projects, for example.

Real Name
    John

A trick you can use Binnur, is to Paste the top smaller layer over the larger layer, select it and reduce it's opacity so that you can see the layer below, and then manually align the two by eye. Then just increase the opacity of the top layer back to 100% again before you finish your processing.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you John, this is what I tried just half an hour ago and I was able to align the layers manually and I also managed to blend the layers And I found out that blending layers gives very nice images

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    A trick you can use Binnur, is to Paste the top smaller layer over the larger layer, select it and reduce it's opacity so that you can see the layer below, and then manually align the two by eye. Then just increase the opacity of the top layer back to 100% again before you finish your processing.