solo

trying a borrowed lens 80-200, f2.8..
    solo
    will post some other photo as soon as I'm done with the PP
    happy Easter everyone

Real Name
    John

Re: solo

Happy Easter! Nice image, you might want to separate the leading flower from the same hue in the background, then again it does help lead the eye throughout the image.

Real Name
    Nancy (surprised you!)

Happy Easter to you too.
    Nice image but agree with Shadowman that my eye still wants to go to the larger pink area in background. I am still learning, so take this as such...if the other flowers weren't AS blurry, I may like them in the background?
    Nancy

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

HAPPY EASTER! How is it over there in the Philippines during this time? Do you still have street parades? Anyway, I agree with John about the background...the other pink is too distracting...

emmerick

looking at it, the pink background is really distracting. Thank you John, Nancy and Izzie for pointing it out..will shoot at the same place when i got the time.anyway those flowers are on the side of a hilll with a walkway below, that's where i took the shot.

emmerick

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    HAPPY EASTER! How is it over there in the Philippines during this time? Do you still have street parades? Anyway, I agree with John about the background...the other pink is too distracting...
    hi Izzie, Lenten season here nowadays are a bit far from my experience when i was growing up, though in the province where i grew up, some of the traditions are still observed, i'm not quite sure what do you mean by street parades? if you mean procession, yes, in my home town, procession still happens, one in the afternoon of Holy Wednesday and one in the afternoon of Good Friday. During Good Friday too, penitents abound, doin' their thing. During this season too, for some, means a time for vacation that's why tourist destination are teeming with people and most of the hotels and resort are fully booked.

erick

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by emmerick View Post
    hi Izzie, Lenten season here nowadays are a bit far from my experience when i was growing up, though in the province where i grew up, some of the traditions are still observed, i'm not quite sure what do you mean by street parades? if you mean procession, yes, in my home town, procession still happens, one in the afternoon of Holy Wednesday and one in the afternoon of Good Friday. During Good Friday too, penitents abound, doin' their thing. During this season too, for some, means a time for vacation that's why tourist destination are teeming with people and most of the hotels and resort are fully booked.

erick
    Yes, the procession. It has been a long time since I was 20 years of age... We just see the penitents in your country on tv here and just briefly. Where you are in Baguio, we call it the winter capital of the Philippines compared to where I was born in Cavite.