You don't need a bluebell wood, and what is your nest made of

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: You don't need a bluebell wood, and what is your nest made of

#1 is very neat, Jeremy. Love it. Will be nicer if maybe you use a local enhancement on the birdie???

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi Jeremy.

I am not sure what the relationship is between these two images. If there is none, it might be better to post two different topics so we can discuss independently.

In the top photo, the bird is somewhat lost in the distraction of all the objects around him. When you first view this image the eye goes for the bright objects on the left and top sides and only later comes back to the bird, which the main subject. You might try cropping significantly so that the bird almost fills the frame and much of the dirt, white bag on left and blocks and concrete on the top are eliminated.

The bottom image is a pleasant scene of a graveyard. I think you were captivated by the blue-violet flowers in the grass. It was a bright sunny day and the bright green/yellow grass in the foreground grabs the viewer's attention. Perhaps if you cropped about half to two-thirds of the grass off the bottom, there would be less attention given to the grass, and there would be a higher ratio of blue-violet to green in the scene, making the blue-violet flower stand out more.

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Curtis View Post
    Hi Jeremy.

I am not sure what the relationship is between these two images. If there is none, it might be better to post two different topics so we can discuss independently.

In the top photo, the bird is somewhat lost in the distraction of all the objects around him. When you first view this image the eye goes for the bright objects on the left and top sides and only later comes back to the bird, which the main subject. You might try cropping significantly so that the bird almost fills the frame and much of the dirt, white bag on left and blocks and concrete on the top are eliminated.

The bottom image is a pleasant scene of a graveyard. I think you were captivated by the blue-violet flowers in the grass. It was a bright sunny day and the bright green/yellow grass in the foreground grabs the viewer's attention. Perhaps if you cropped about half to two-thirds of the grass off the bottom, there would be less attention given to the grass, and there would be a higher ratio of blue-violet to green in the scene, making the blue-violet flower stand out more.
    As I said in three previous posts I am just going out into my garden and taking snaps, standing "back" from photography and saying, just go out once in a while and enjoy the scenery without making every shot a chore. The idea here is NOT to be serious just capture and laugh at the wildlife in your garden, had I wanted to crop, cut, edit, etc it would not be as intended