Thread: To Add Grains or NOT C&C

Real Name
    Raj

To Add Grains or NOT C&C Welcome

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to make it much better?

This image is recently reviewed by respected CIC members. I tried to soften the image a tad and added grains to the image and found that cars became less distracting, subject became more pronounced and the whole image is giving nostalgic feel after adding grains.

Please share your views if grains are adding to the image? Please help me to understand when to add grains to the image?

Thank You

Grains Version :
    To Add Grains or NOT C&C

Original Version :
    To Add Grains or NOT C&C
    Last edited by fotugraphy; 19th April 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: To Add Grains or NOT C&C Welcome

Raj,

The grain is noticeable in some areas (car windows) but overall I don't think it adds much to the image, perhaps makes it look dated. I think the added grains works best with foliage and architecture or if you are looking for a period style image.

Real Name
    Raj

Re: To Add Grains or NOT C&C Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Raj,

The grain is noticeable in some areas (car windows) but overall I don't think it adds much to the image, perhaps makes it look dated. I think the added grains works best with foliage and architecture or if you are looking for a period style image.
    Thanks for your kind review and suggestion. I will work on the suggestion