Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Audio from video question

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Audio from video question

I use a Panasonic 3MOS video camera for most vid as there is really no comparison, however I am also using D71000s and D7100s, and whilst the quality from the built in mics is poor I use RODE microphones, mainly at gigs.

The problem is even with the Db reduction on the mic at -20 it is still distorted due to the excessive "noise" from groups.

I have no problem with video it is audio, any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Audio from video question

Have you looked at using a decent external recorder and separately synching the audio and video? Use a slate with a clapper to give you the visual and sound synch.

The main reason I shoot with a dedicated video camera (Panasonic AF100) is its ability to take an external phantom power shotgun mike (Panny as well) on one channel and I will often supplement that with a secondary cardiod mike that I use an Audio Technica wireless transmitter on that is placed close to the sound source). It plugs into the second phantom power port on the camera; so I generally get decent sound from one of the two sources that is synched to the video in-camera. I have played with video recording on both the D90 and the D800, but frankly the sound is terrible.

I've tried to clean up bad sound using Adobe Audition (part of CC) but frankly, garbage in garbage out...

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Re: Audio from video question

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Have you looked at using a decent external recorder and separately synching the audio and video? Use a slate with a clapper to give you the visual and sound synch.

The main reason I shoot with a dedicated video camera (Panasonic AF100) is its ability to take an external phantom power shotgun mike (Panny as well) on one channel and I will often supplement that with a secondary cardiod mike that I use an Audio Technica wireless transmitter on that is placed close to the sound source). It plugs into the second phantom power port on the camera; so I generally get decent sound from one of the two sources that is synched to the video in-camera. I have played with video recording on both the D90 and the D800, but frankly the sound is terrible.

I've tried to clean up bad sound using Adobe Audition (part of CC) but frankly, garbage in garbage out...
    Actually I should have expanded the question and the answer is, thought about it/ISH, but as I have NO expertise on this matter this is JUST the reply I am hoping for, thank you