Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hi from SoCal

Real Name
    Ronny Geenen

Hi from SoCal

I have been away from this site for a while, because I changed my ideas about photography. I decided to work with my family pictures from the past, some even from the year 1930. You know how it goes, cleaning up and repairing these old black and white, and so on.
    The reason, I got tired of SoCal and especially the place where I live.
    Let me tell you what happened. There is a 4-lane street behind my house, a many miles long street running from east to west. On a very clear morning day I could see many miles and all the way to the high risers of Los Angeles about 50 to 60 miles from my point of view.
    I decided to take my dslr, a lens and tripod and planted it on the middle of the road and started taking pictures. At home I started my computer, slide my compact flash into the slot and started looking at all the images. Then I decided to delete all the more then 40 pictures. The reason all the wooden power poles and cables running parallel and crossing this strait and long road.
    You see I grew up in Western Europe and especially in Holland and there all this cables are underground. You do not see that crab. Whole SoCal is poisoned with this electrical dirt.
    Have any of you experience something like above.?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Back from RiNel

Hi Ronny,

I can relate to that.

I think that for most people, photography is a journey - but not one with a fixed destination; and as such, all of us change the route from time to time - or even take little rest breaks along the way.

Real Name
    John

Re: Hi from SoCal

Ronny,

Usually within the city. You'll see a great looking cathedral from a distance, start taking photos and when you view them later find you didn't notice all the street signs and turn signals zigzagging across the structure.