Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Spring comes early

Spring comes early

I'm not sure if here in Southern California we can claim such a thing as "early Spring," but flowers are already in bloom. Here are some I've been capturing the last couple of days.

Nikon D90 & AIS 28mm @ f/2.8
    Spring comes early

Nikon D700 & AIS 55mm @ f/2.8
    Spring comes early

Nikon D90 & AIS 55mm @ f/2.8
    Spring comes early

Re: Spring comes early

I like #1, the orange of the flower against the green is very nice. Sorry, but the shallow DOF doesn't do much for me in the other ones.

Real Name
    Ali

Very nice shots, eNo! Specially the first one with the single flower, the harmony between the color of the flower and the background is amazing!

Real Name
    John

I wonder if these were cropped photos considering the area in focus is near the corner on most images? Perhaps eNo can provide additional information?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tedor View Post
    I like #1, the orange of the flower against the green is very nice. Sorry, but the shallow DOF doesn't do much for me in the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I wonder if these were cropped photos considering the area in focus is near the corner on most images? Perhaps eNo can provide additional information?
    Only #2 has significant cropping to achieve the square crop. #1 has minor cropping from the bottom, while #3 sheds a little from either side to get close (but not quite) to a 5x4 aspect ratio.

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks for sharing a touch of spring eNo. It's pouring down the snow right now, for me.

I really like the first one. ( Maybe even more with a little of the top cropped off.)
    Great focus on the subject flower, and it's a touch brighter than the rest, drawing the eye to it. Well done!

The others are just a little bit too shallow in the depth of field for me.