Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Britain Photo Trip

Re: Great Britain Photo Trip

Hi Dave,

it's a (race) bike I use. So I have to do it on my own ;-).

Rainer.

Real Name
    Robin

Takes less than a day to get used to driving/riding on the other side of the road - I do it when we holiday in France and it is amazing how fast you switch. I've been driving over twenty years so driving on the left is well and truly programmed in.

One other area you should try and visit would be The Lake District. It is one of Britain's most picturesque areas, has countless photo ops and good bike access.
    The only issue is (this also goes for the UK in general) when the weather is being co-operative it is a spectacular - when it isn't (which is a lot) then its miserable.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    May be I skip Inverness for Orkney
    Orkney is also very, very beautiful. One of my favourite places in Scotland. Very rich farming land. Many, many archaeological sites. Beautiful coastal cliffs. And, of course, one of major places in Europe for bird-watching.

Real Name
    Keith

Try to include Hadrian's Wall when you visit if you can, the stretch from Chesters Fort, across Winn Cill, Housesteads, Vindalanda and Cawfield is compact, scenic and dramatic.

Real Name
    Jim

Some of the Welsh castles, Caernarfon, Conwy and Harlech in the north and Caerphilly, Raglan and Chepstow in the south, are worth a visit. For more ornate and slightly later versions there are Cardiff Castle and Castle Coch at Tongwynlais, between Cardiff and Caerphilly (featured in a number of Hammer horror films).

Still in Wales the Brecon Beacons can be spectacular,the Gower peninsular is very nice, the Transporter Bridge in Newport, built at the start of the last century, is one of only six in the world and the Roman Museum and Amphitheatre in Caerleon may be of interest.

Land's end is very disappointing but overall Cornwall is fantastic. St Ives and Mousehole are two places not to be missed, especially out of the main holiday season. The countryside, and in particular Bodmin Moor, is very rugged and the remnants of abandoned tin mines are quite dramatic.

Have a great trip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12