Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: different colors in raw and jpg /ACR

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: different colors in raw and jpg /ACR

I'm new to PP John.I'm sure I will be aware of a lot more things about photography and PP in time

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnw View Post
    I'm glad you decided to remember that they are there. I don't use Adobe software but you may find that there are other profiles about on the web that you can try that others have developed.

John
    -

None of your camera settings will affect the RAW data. You get to do everything yourself; starting with your white balance.A digital RAW file is simply what its name implies, a file containing the unprocessed raw data captured by the sensor in the digital camera at the time of exposure.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjohnson View Post
    None of your camera settings will affect the RAW data. You get to do everything yourself; starting with your white balance.A digital RAW file is simply what its name implies, a file containing the unprocessed raw data captured by the sensor in the digital camera at the time of exposure.
    Technically yes, but in practice, some packages (ie as typically provided by the camera manufacturer) will - by default - apply picture style settings to the RAW data as part of the conversion process in the PC.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Like has been said...it matters not a whit your camera settings are set to as they will not change your RAW image. But...it matters a lot if you adjust SS/ISO/f-stop based on chimping or a live view preview of the scene on your lcd screen...as that preview/chimp is a jpeg rendition of what your camera's software coughs out, which in turn, is based on your inputted picture-style settings.
    If you want to closely "see" a RAW version on that screen, you must neutralize those camera "picture style" settings by moving sliders leftward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12