Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New Member from Asia

Real Name
    Harsha

New Member from Asia

Hi to all,

I am new to CiC but not to photography. I have been photographing since 1978 starting with a Russian camera (Zenith). Then my father brought me a Pentax ME from Hongkong. I also owned an ME Super and a Nikon F3 later. I joined my father’s research institute in 1983 which documented Folk traditions of our state (Karnataka). Here I was also given the responsibility to shoot video. The institute sent me to Italy for training in video for six months -- at the Theatre department of Rome University. After returning, for 17 years I did several video documentaries for the institute on Folk Dances and Rituals (with VHS and Super VHS cassette format).

I am now a freelance photographer with two cameras. 1). Pentax *ist DS 2). Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (EOS 400D) with two Zoom lenses. Canon Powershot A490 and Olympus C770U are my other cameras. While working in the institute, with film cameras, I used to photograph birds during weekends and holidays. I love to photograph nature and that’s what I am doing with those two above mentioned DSLRs. CiC is an interesting site. I came to know about it from our English daily, “The Times of India”. I hope to learn new things from CiC.

Bhat59
    Last edited by Bhat59; 27th January 2014 at 04:56 PM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: New Member from Asia

Hi Harsha,

Welcome to CiC. We have quite a few members from India on this site. As you go along, you will come to know them by their photographs and comments. They are very nice people too. Nandakumar is one of them. He is a nice friendly guy, had helped us (me) a lot with his comments and his uploaded shots. I hope you enjoy your stay here. We look forward to your sharing your knowledge with us and your photos, of course...

Real Name
    mark

Re: New Member from Asia

Hi Harsha,

Nice to meet you. I think you will like CiC there are many nice people here with many varied experiences from all over the world.
    Mark,