Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Week 6

Quote Originally Posted by Paniaa View Post
    I am enjoying your original view of things and look forward to the re-shoot of the mansion. Although I liked that series, they looked a little flat to me.
    Pania, thanks for viewing. Yes, they are a little flat. I will work on that come spring time.

Cheers

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: Week 8

I think you should do something different from shooting through a revolver for stress-relief Jon I saw this image before in one of your threads and I like it very much.

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    I think you should do something different from shooting through a revolver for stress-relief Jon I saw this image before in one of your threads and I like it very much.
    Thanks Binnur. Going out to the farm, where we have a target range, is a great way for me to relieve stress. Sometimes it just feels good to blow things up!!

Real Name
    Jon

Week 9

This weeks subject is "Something Tiny".

My motto has always been "Go BIG or go home" so needless to say there is not much in my life that is tiny. After a couple of days searching the house, garage and workshop for a suitable subject I had almost come to the decision that I was going to have to go out and purchase "Something Tiny". It was at about that point that my son handed me several push-pins from his cork board in his room (I love that kid).

So here is the only "Something Tiny" object in my house for your C&C.

1.Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

2.Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

3.Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

Re: Week 9

#I like the idea, Jon, but at the moment this isn't quite working for me.

Possibly a more 'ordered' structure is required with the pins gradually fading from sharp focus to blurred in a more noticeable pattern?

And appearing to decrease in size with perspective?

Or all sharply focused in the foreground but varying more in height?

Or fewer pins?

Any complicated arrangements are going to be a bit fiddly though!

I like the light/colour fade on these shots.

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Week 9 - take 2

Geoff, thanks very much for taking the time to comment. I have listened, I think, and I like these results better than the first ones. Still have more ideas (background needs attention) but for now it will have to wait.

Cheers

1.Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

2.Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

3.Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Jon,

Very creative. I especially like the 2nd image of the first set for the beautiful colours and also the composition (they look like a a small crowd of little people to me). And the 1st image of the 2nd set for the composition and the soft lighting on the ends of the push-pins.

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
    Hi Jon,

Very creative. I especially like the 2nd image of the first set for the beautiful colours and also the composition (they look like a a small crowd of little people to me). And the 1st image of the 2nd set for the composition and the soft lighting on the ends of the push-pins.
    Thanks Christina.

The reworking looks more like a design which has had some thought put into it. There are many possibilities which could be tried.

And the same goes for backgrounds and lighting.

Also possibly a good trial subject for focus stacking.

But there is always so much which could be attempted; if only there was more time!

Real Name
    Jon

Week 10 - Something large

Once again I reached into the archives for this week. There is just not enough time when working 60-80 hours in the week. Damn work, why can't I have enough time to do the things I want to do? Oh yeah, got bills to pay!!
    This is a water tower in Wabash Indiana that was getting a new paint job. They built a frame around it and covered it with tarps to contain the media blasting and over spray I believe. The winds were quite gusty on this day and I likened it to a ladys skirt being blown up by the wind

Through a Plumbers eyes (Project 52)

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Week 10 - Something large

Jon - this is a nicely accomplished and creative series. I have enjoyed it and learned from it.

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Week 10 - Something large

Quote Originally Posted by Downrigger View Post
    Jon - this is a nicely accomplished and creative series. I have enjoyed it and learned from it.
    Thanks Mark. The original idea was to create a new image every week but it seems I have failed a couple times and that really bothers me. I hate digging into the archives to complete a weeks assignment. I still have today yet so there is still a small glimmer of hope that I can do something new. Oh, I have an idea...be back later!!!

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Week 10 - Something large - update

Well, my vision for this evenings shot is more of a snapshot than an image. I have never been good at taking pictures of people (and don't really care to be) but this shot is special. Tonight we celebrated my Mom and Dads 74th birthdays. Along with their birthdays we also celebrate every day that Dad is among us after several months of some serious health conditions that we have come to an understanding that will never get better. On top of that Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 months ago and as of yesterday she has been through one surgery and her 1st week of radiation treatments and all is looking great so far.

The theme for this week is "Something Large". Well, the love in this room is larger than anything I could ever hope to photograph. This is my Mom & Dad and their 5 grandsons.

I know there are many things wrong with this image but there are SO many things right.

Thanks and Cheers

Jon, the story behind this image more than makes up for anything lacking in the image. Very beautiful and touching.

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Jon, the story behind this image more than makes up for anything lacking in the image. Very beautiful and touching.
    Thanks Rita, it was a great day!!

Real Name
    Binnur

You have a wonderful family Jon,I wish all of you happy long times together

Yes that scene is working nicely. A good wide sharp foreground but also with a clear background which shows plenty of detail without looking over cluttered.

Real Name
    Jon

Week 11 - Something I dislike

All in all, there is not much that I dislike. Yes there are certain foods that I do not care for, I could do without rude and inconsiderate people also. But the one thing I consistently dislike is Mondays. Not because I don't want to go to work, I really do love my job, but because it marks the end of the weekend and time spent with family and friends at least for the next several days.

Re: Week 11 - Something I dislike

A nice idea, Jon, but I wonder if there might be some better arrangements?

Have you tried any other angles?

I wonder if the glasses lens frame needs to be in better focus. Maybe requiring a merge of two or more shots. With the word Monday appearing really magnified. Or a different angle where Monday starts really big and closer to the frames (and equally sharp) then fades as it merges into the distance?

Just a couple of quick thoughts. I think the idea is so good that it is worth a little more experimentation; but I'm not quite sure what to suggest.

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Week 11 - Something I dislike

I did try several other angles and such but most of them just didn't work for me. Here are a couple that I was on the fence about...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast