Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Page to fuse differently exposed images

Real Name
    Jim

Re: Page to fuse differently exposed images

There's also a stand alone GUI called....wait for it......EnfuseGUI. For those who don't use LR or other software that takes advantage of these two open source tools. I have Hugin and set-up batch files to use these tools. I was happy to find a GUI that made it easier than paying a syntax.

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by eengelmann View Post
    So focus stacking is based on contrast and just on that? Interesting! It means it is something I could do myself and add it to my page!
    There are actually a variety of focus stacking algorithms, and in some cases, they perform quite differently. For example, Zerene has two, and Helicon has three. I have never dived into the math of the various methods.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by eengelmann View Post
    So focus stacking is based on contrast and just on that? Interesting! It means it is something I could do myself and add it to my page!
    No, I don't think it's quite that simple. But well-focused areas will have higher contrast than out-of-focus areas, so that's why weighting towards pixels with higher contrast to its neighbors will do focus stacking. With enfuse, you also have to force the use of hard masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimr1961 View Post
    There's also a stand alone GUI called....wait for it......EnfuseGUI. ...
    The main drawback of EnfuseGUI is that it only frontends enfuse, not align-image-stack, so you have to get a separate application to align your stack before you feed it to EnfuseGUI.

Real Name
    Enrico Engelmann

Ok! Thank you all for the interesting information!
    So theoretically I could try to add some focus stacking functions!

Real Name
    Enrico Engelmann

Important improvement: I have just added a new not local method, to address the problem of contrast deletion in case of certain images. Instructions and an example have been added on the Help page.
    I'm not sure I can use the word "mapping" for this new method!

Real Name
    Chris

You might want to experiment with Tony Kuyper's HDR methods using Luminosity Masking:

http://goodlight.us/writing/painting...tinghdr-1.html

I think you'll find this pretty much encompasses everything you are doing, which to me sounds more like trying to reinvent the wheel though I am always open to other methodologies and give them their due.

Real Name
    Enrico Engelmann

It's not the same: in my case it is a software on line, free to use. In the case you mention it is with Photoshop!
    Apart from that the possible implementation for the same idea are really many, depending on specific details. So it is possibile that my implementation can still add something useful for somebody!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12