Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Small Waterfall

Small Waterfall

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have attached image captured by me last month in Kodaikanal,Tamilnadu _ India. Please give me your suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pebu; 4th July 2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: To upload the Image

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Small Waterfall

Hi pebu and welcome to the forum. I like your shot, but to me it looks a little flat. If you are close to this area it would be good to go back another day when there is better light.

I am wondering if you have any photo editing software, and also what camera and settings you used when you took the shot. Does your camera have a RAW file setting. If it does, and if you have some editing software, I think you will find many shots like this can be greatly enhanced.

I have made a try at sharpening it up a bit and bringing out the contrast. I don't know if you will consider it an improvement or not. Others here have told me it is very hard to edit in the jpg format, and now that I have been working with RAW files, I must say I agree.

What I've done is to crop a little on the left to remove some of the distractions, and I also cloned out 2 of the lights in the middle. I tried applying some Local Area Contrast to give it a little more punch, but like I say, it just does not work as well with jpg

There are may people here with more experience than myself, and hopefully someone else will come in with other suggestions. Generally speaking a very nice shot in what looks to be a beautiful area and worth going back for more.

Small Waterfall

Edit: it looks like it could use a slight clockwise rotation also. Easy to do, but I did not notice it till now

Wendy
    Last edited by ScoutR; 30th January 2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: see Edit line in post