Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Post THE 2013 Shot that means the most to you.

Real Name
    Brigitte

Re: Post THE 2013 Shot that means the most to you.

Colin, thanks for starting a thread full of wonderful, sad and touching stories with the appendant images.
    I would like to share this scene between my father and his second-youngest grandchild. He never was a father showing much emotion, always worked hard and had more to criticise than to find the beauty in anything or anyone. Probably this was an effect of his mother died young and a very strict and over-demanding father.
    So I remember just one slight scene he was really kind of emotionally facing towards me when I was child, which doesn't mean I didn't love him as a father. In later years he tended to be milder and enjoying more to have the grandchildren around, being pleased to watch them and their development.
    Now this certain picture means a lot to me as it was our last visit in March 2013, the last time we encountered him in an orientated state, later in summer we got witnesses how he suffered more and more from dementia. He now lives in a retirement home, as mother couldn't keep him at home, endangering himself and others. I guess the raise of being more emotional (and depressive) is connected with that disease, and though I know something about it and should be judging factually, it breaks my heart to see him that way, feeling deprived of autonomy and dignity.
    So this might be the last picture of him being aware to hold his granddaughter, at a point of time he still remembered her name, and though our kids haven't seen their grandparents very often, there is a deep love to them.

Brigitte

The most wonderful gift you can make to a human is candid devotion.
    -Arabic wisdom-

Post THE 2013 Shot that means the most to you.
    Last edited by Gigi71; 12th April 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Real Name
    Luc

Mother

This image was created in memory of my mother (Suzanne Racicot) who died in august 2013. She loved flowers.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Mother

Nicely done, Luc. It looks like your mom passed on her love of flowers.

Real Name
    Luc

Re: Mother

Thank you Dan.

Real Name
    Kurt Pedersen

This shot was taken of a cattle ranch in early spring which isn't much different than winter here.

what a gifted family

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678