Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Contains Strong Language from the Start!

Contains Strong Language from the Start!

Firstly apologies for the number of images. They are intended as part of a series so they make more sense as a group. This set is inspired by my teenage daughters and a tribute to raging hormones. There is no offence intended by some of the gestures but I tried to capture some of the anger. Given teenage aversion to the camera I thought this might be a sneaky way of trying to capture those difficult years. I am in two minds whether this works so I want to get feedback before finishing the images properly.

Steve

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Contains Strong Language from the Start!

Hi Steve,

Great out of the box thinking - and I can certainly see what you're trying to do ... I'm just not sure it really "flies" though. Possibly 3/4 body shots (with faces) so that we could see more body language would work better?

No sure on this one!

Real Name
    Jim

Hi Steve,
    I really like these,but also think an upper body shot might add some power to the series.Maybe the girls in silhouette or partially lit with their arms in the light?

These made me lol. Good work...I like them.

Hi,
    Why "apologies"?Idea is a very very good one but all hands seems to be "cut off" as framing point of view.The last seems ,for me, well done from the same point of view, because this induces the presence of the body.The rest seems to be anatomical pieces.A hard work is needed
    for an artistic expression.For me the beginning was done with the last image.
    I wish You success!
    Radu Dinu
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 17th January 2010 at 09:12 AM.

Many thanks for the input. I can see what you are saying about the 'dismembered' limbs. I did have my doubts. I still like the idea of using the hands to communicate the feeling but I think I had started to come to the same conclusion as Radu and close the cropping to avoid the dismemberment as in the last image. Which means I probably did not have to cut 2 holes in my art card after all

Steve