Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,293
    Real Name
    Raj

    1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to reach position Perfect?

    It is an HDR. I deliberately gave it a grungy & dreamy look. (urbex kinda feel to it)

    EV Range : -2 0 +2

    Thank You

    1926 Antique Clock HDR
    Last edited by fotugraphy; 5th October 2013 at 06:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,290
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Hi Raj,

    With your signal levers shot, I could sort of see the point of HDR treatment for handling the specular highlights in the shot.

    This one however, doesn't seem to have a dynamic range which justifies all the trouble of HDR processing, I'm fairly certain the same result could have been achieved from one correctly exposed image, it didn't need "-2 0 +2".

    But hey, that's just my opinion and others, yourself included, are entitled to disagree with me.

    Regardless of how the result was achieved, I think you succeeded in the "grungy & dreamy look", so I'd say; 'job done'.

    All the best,

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,293
    Real Name
    Raj

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Raj,

    With your signal levers shot, I could sort of see the point of HDR treatment for handling the specular highlights in the shot.

    This one however, doesn't seem to have a dynamic range which justifies all the trouble of HDR processing, I'm fairly certain the same result could have been achieved from one correctly exposed image, it didn't need "-2 0 +2".

    But hey, that's just my opinion and others, yourself included, are entitled to disagree with me.

    Regardless of how the result was achieved, I think you succeeded in the "grungy & dreamy look", so I'd say; 'job done'.

    All the best,
    Thanks for your kind and valuable review . I fully agree with u abt getting similar result with a single exposure.

    I decided to go with hdr because there were 3 different light source when I clicked it and some bright glares along with some shadows were visible too ( was in museum) and they were clipping off in my histogram. Just to ease out things I bracked it

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by fotugraphy View Post
    Thanks for your kind and valuable review . I fully agree with u abt getting similar result with a single exposure.

    I decided to go with hdr because there were 3 different light source when I clicked it and some bright glares along with some shadows were visible too ( was in museum) and they were clipping off in my histogram. Just to ease out things I bracked it
    As a test, why don't you see what kind of result you can get out of your existing single exposures?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,293
    Real Name
    Raj

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    As a test, why don't you see what kind of result you can get out of your existing single exposures?
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will surely process the result with the single exposure and post it here.

    This is what i like about this forum, the way people inspire and provide valuable reviews

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Burton upon Trent Staffordshire
    Posts
    191

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    I quite like it.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    18,879

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    I like the overall look that you made. The photo is such a good start that I encourage you to light or at least post-process the subject to provide separation between the background and all parts of the watch and its band. Even if the subject is a clock rather than a watch, achieving that separation will considerably improve the image in my mind.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,293
    Real Name
    Raj

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by clive kirby View Post
    I quite like it.
    Thank You

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,293
    Real Name
    Raj

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I like the overall look that you made. The photo is such a good start that I encourage you to light or at least post-process the subject to provide separation between the background and all parts of the watch and its band. Even if the subject is a clock rather than a watch, achieving that separation will considerably improve the image in my mind.
    Thank you for your valuable review. I will surely separate it from the background. Actually the background was too busy, but will surely work on it.

  10. #10
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    10,369
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    its gloom is its brilliance; really liked this one

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,293
    Real Name
    Raj

    Re: 1926 Antique Clock HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    its gloom is its brilliance; really liked this one
    Thanks for the review and appreciation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •