Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: She Witness.

Real Name
    Mau VC

She Witness.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some feedback on this image. My dad and his grandson where taking a stroll during a sunny afternoon at La Sabana Park in San Jose, Costa Rica. A skate girl watches as she waits for the sun to lower down to keep practicing. I took the picture from far away. I know they are blurred but I feel the whole idea of them walking together and the girl involves the viewer as a "witness" of the whole situation (rather than a sharp representation of the people face).

Camera: Sony SLT-A77
    Lens: Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6
    Captured: Jan 12, 2013
    Focal length: 105 mm
    Shutter speed: 1/320 sec
    Aperture: F6.3
    ISO: 80
    Exposure comp.: -

She Witness.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: She Witness.

I like the concept but I think the composition is to wide. Have you considered a portrait presentation. Cropping the right hand side to about the knee of the observer and the left hand side to the white post just behind the boy. I think it would be more cohesive and more accurately portray the observers view.

Lighting is difficult but for me not as important as trying a different composition.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: She Witness.

Hi Mau,

I think it is not a bad capture. If you used a smaller aperture to get a little more DOF having your dad and his grandson a bit more in focus, would have had a little more impact. You could have focussed on Grandpa an his Grandson with the witness out of focus, that would have been a great keeper for you.
    The title is very appropriate.

Ps. I guess you were more interested in the young lady than the "old man".