Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Silver Efex Querry

Real Name
    Andrew

Silver Efex Querry

I use Silver Efex quite often. I just noticed that when I edit a photo, and save it, then return to LR to either continue editing, or catalog it, I get some very weird, pixelated artefacting. Has anyone ever seen this before from any of the Nik plugins?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Silver Efex Querry

Nope, that's a new one on me, Andrew. Sorry I can't be of any help.

That being said, I tend not to go back in to edit further once I've done my work on the image. Does SEP2 work as a Smart Object in Lightroom? It doesn't in Elements, but I know it does in the latest Photoshop.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Does SEP2 work as a Smart Object in Lightroom? It doesn't in Elements, but I know it does in the latest Photoshop.
    Only in CS6 to my knowledge Donald and I use both.

And to answer Andrew's query, yes I have but only when applying some pretty extreme edits.

Real Name
    Andrew

Hmmm. Thanks for the input, but I'm getting it even if I just select a preset, and then save it back into LR.

I just had a thought though, I wonder if my two issues are related? See the thread "Ever Seen This?"......

Darnit, I hate when computers don't do what they're supposed to do. Now I have to hire an IT department.

And, sorry for not spelling 'query' properly. Maybe someone could fix that for me?!!?
    Last edited by Andrew76; 29th September 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Andrew I don't use LR but I haven't had that problem with CS6. I wonder if you have a problem with your graphics card, given the two separate problems you are having ?

Dave

Hey Andrew I have LR and SEF and have not had any problems yet. I have been watching both your threads and wondered the same as you....."computer?"

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Data corruption would have me worried about the hard drive reaching the end of its life.

Real Name
    Andrew

Bah! That's scary. I'm going to backup right now!

Real Name
    Lex

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Data corruption would have me worried about the hard drive reaching the end of its life.
    Just to make you panic a bit more, Andrew, this is currently happening to one of my Seagate backup RAID drives. Fortunately, the cloud backup is unaffected, and one of the drives is still good. I have a pair of 1TB Western Digital Reds in the mail for the replacement array. $90 each - small price to pay for another couple years of stability. Photography's rough on hard drives, so I've stopped counting on mine to last beyond their warranties.

Real Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by RustBeltRaw View Post
    Just to make you panic a bit more, Andrew
    Thanks Lex!

So, I've actually now got two backups on WD 1TB Passports AND I've got a 'Click-Free' (I believe that's actually the manufacturers name), 1TB external system backup. I think that will keep me going for a while. but you're right, they don't last forever, so what I plan to do is just keep rotating them every so often.