Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Surprise, Surprise....Its Ice Again

Surprise, Surprise....Its Ice Again

Probably because its so unusual to get these conditions in temperate Cheshire but I needed to get a couple more of these off my chest. I just have to get me one of them there new fangled macro lens thingies

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Surprise, Surprise....Its Ice Again

Hi Steve,

Well, they're all good as usual from yourself, probably #4 is my favourite - I can't think of anything to 'improve' it

#1 is a bit lacking DoF for me; some of the twigs are a bit too soft

#2 is very nice, but I feel there's just a bit too much background at the top of frame, I'd crop just below the dark blob on right edge

#3 is great, but it too dim for me at the top; I'd dodge or burn (I can never remember which is which) to make it brighter

#4 Perfect

#5 doesn't set me alight, there's a lot of nothing on the right and the black blob is somewhat overpowering

I don't have a macro lens, but I am inspired to have a go myself, I just wish it wasn't so darned cold outside

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

What a beautiful, wonderful set. Broadly go with Dave's analysis, though I'd rate #2 higher than he does.

Now, could you please go back inside to your lightbox. You're stealing our thunder!!

I do not know what I would do without you Dave. You always pick up on what my eyes seem to gloss over. This is where constructive critique on a forum like this becomes invaluable.

Now, could you please go back inside to your lightbox. You're stealing our thunder!!
    Nobody told me how harsh life could be outside of my box. I have total control in my box...I am master of all that 8 cubic feet. I snap my fingers and there is light, I clap my hands and the background changes. If I commit a really serious crime like disregarding the rule of thirds maybe they will lock me in my box and throw away the key.....please

Steve

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What a beautiful, wonderful set. Broadly go with Dave's analysis, though I'd rate #2 higher than he does.
    It is my second favourite though (honestly) and made me say "wow" (until I saw #4)