Thread: Project album cover.

Real Name
    Robbie.

Project album cover.

Hi All,

I have had a thing in my mind lately to try and create some old fashioned RnR album covers with what I have at hand... i.e a 5 year old, 3 cheap strobes, some gel and a couple of desk lamps.

My First attempts at lighting with strobes a still camera and a human..

Project album cover.

Project album cover.

I have added a fair amount of noise and sharpening to these images and would like to hear if that detracts or adds to the images for every one else.

All other CnC is also encouraged..

As always, feel free to edit my images if it will help in the learning process.

Robbie.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Re: Project album cover.

What software do you use?

Real Name
    Patrick

I think you've got a nice effect going on with the lighting but I can't help but keep looking at your model's stomach in the first photo, just a little too bright for my taste.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Robbie,

I don't know anything about this type of photography and processing but I think the lighting and processing is very nice.

Something about the composition doesn't seem as wonderful as it could be... When I move the photo around and crop them almost in half, I can see your beautiful work, the lighting and detail in the little boy... ie; I like the top half of the image better than the bottom half.

Real Name
    Robbie.

chauncey,
    I use photoshop CS6 extended.

Patrick,
    You are right it is to hot, a badly placed light for sure. I tried burning that area many times at differing levels but I always seemed to get to this stage before it started to look weird. Thanks for looking for the feedback.

Christina,
    I tried what you suggest and would have to agree, there are a few other usable compositions in the shot. I guess I wanted to get the instruments into the image for my theme. I will re work them tonight and post them. Thanks for your feedback it has helped me to look at things differently.

Robbie.