Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Face

  1. #1
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    The Face

    For your view and reviews, please

    [img]The Face[/img]

    Regards

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..
    Posts
    1,213

    Re: The Face

    Hi Wavelength. Nice detail in your subject. For some reason I want to see either more luminance or color or saturation or vibrance in this image. I can't tell without actually playing with it. I just want it to pop a bit more and still remain natural. What do you think?

    karm

  3. #3
    Rob Zijlstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    IJmuiden, The Netherlands
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Rob Zijlstra

    Re: The Face

    Very fine picture!
    And yes, as a small point of CC I would like to see a bit more light in the face.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North West of England
    Posts
    6,186
    Real Name
    John

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    Hi Wavelength. Nice detail in your subject. For some reason I want to see either more luminance or color or saturation or vibrance in this image. I can't tell without actually playing with it. I just want it to pop a bit more and still remain natural. What do you think?

    karm
    I agree. One thing you can try Nandakumar, if you are using Photoshop, is to apply Unsharp Mask but not as a sharpener. Set the "Amount" to about 25 and the "Radius" to about 125 and the image should pop. Then sharpen just the eyes.

  5. #5
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    Hi Wavelength. Nice detail in your subject. For some reason I want to see either more luminance or color or saturation or vibrance in this image. I can't tell without actually playing with it. I just want it to pop a bit more and still remain natural. What do you think?

    karm
    I fully agree; this needs a bit brightening up; thank you very much for your keen evaluation

  6. #6
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Zijlstra View Post
    Very fine picture!
    And yes, as a small point of CC I would like to see a bit more light in the face.
    Yes, i do agree; thank you very much ideed

  7. #7
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    I agree. One thing you can try Nandakumar, if you are using Photoshop, is to apply Unsharp Mask but not as a sharpener. Set the "Amount" to about 25 and the "Radius" to about 125 and the image should pop. Then sharpen just the eyes.
    Thank you very much; i'm gonna giva try this
    Regards

  8. #8
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Thank you gentlemen; i had worked out as i was guided; i am not sure whether it has improved as you were expecting; kindly let me know
    Regards

    [img]The Face[/img]

  9. #9
    Rob Zijlstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    IJmuiden, The Netherlands
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Rob Zijlstra

    Re: The Face

    #2: much better!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,919

    Re: The Face

    Try leaving the background as it was in the first version. Then try treating the animal somewhere between your first and second version.

  11. #11
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Zijlstra View Post
    #2: much better!
    Thank you very much

  12. #12
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Try leaving the background as it was in the first version. Then try treating the animal somewhere between your first and second version.
    I think the brightness is a bit too high...is that?
    Regards

  13. #13
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Try leaving the background as it was in the first version. Then try treating the animal somewhere between your first and second version.
    I think the brightness is a bit too high...is that?
    Regards

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,919

    Re: The Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    I think the brightness is a bit too high...is that?
    Regards
    Whereas you seem to have adjusted the entire scene, I think you'll like it better if you adjust only the animal. Whatever you did to the animal (brightness, unsharpening, etc.,) seems to my eye to be overdone. If whatever you did can be adjusted by lowering the opacity, that would be the easiest way to dial it back.

  15. #15
    Wavelength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    9,141
    Real Name
    Nandakumar

    Re: The Face

    I have only limited knowledge in handling things in photoshop thank you very much

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •