Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Learning to fly.

Real Name
    james

Learning to fly.

This is 3 of a 6 part series I am working on. I just would like some feedback on these, as that's not my normal kind of shot. I had a lot of fun with these, I shot them with my 50 mm.

Learning to fly.

Learning to fly.

Learning to fly.

ss 1/800 f 7.1 iso 5000 50mm.

Real Name
    David

Re: Learning to fly.

Well done with catching the action nice and sharp. For me I find the background a little distracting and was wondering if a larger aperture could be used to blur the background. Thgis would also assist in seperating the load from the background, helping him stand out more.

Real Name
    james

Thanks David, I definitely could've opened the aperture up since my lens will go to 1.4 . That would jack my shutterspeed way up too, and allowed me to use a lower ISO. For some reason I don't think of all this till someone else puts me on the track. I look forward to trying again.

Real Name
    David

Easy to remember what to do when sittint in front of the compouter screen, I've done it plenty of times myself. Look forward to seeing your new attempts.

Real Name
    Christina

I think these are wonderful images, #2 especially. If you could blur the fence out of the background (or change position) I think that would make them perfect.