Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Athens Plaka at Night

Real Name
    Patrik

Athens Plaka at Night

I have tried out some night photography lately. The two first pictures I liked because they contained the ancient past with today's life. I also liked the blurry photos of people but is it too busy or should it be cut out altogether ? See third photo as a contrast. Your C&C much welcome.
    Cheers/Patrik

Athens Plaka at Night

Athens Plaka at Night

Athens Plaka at Night

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: Athens Plaka at Night

Patrik, I've been to the Plaka a few times and could never get enough of it. A great place to wander for hours at a time.

Shot number 3 is a bit plain for me but does show some of the early architecture they are trying to preserve.

Number one is very creative. Clearly shows the environment being stable and the captures the constant rush of the tourist in the evening. A good angle capturing some of the Acropolis and the moon.

Number 2 I also like. It shows what it's like wandering and dining in the small streets of the Plaka with the grandeur of the Acropolis being right beside you. Very well done and thanks for sharing them.

Real Name
    Patrik

Thanks Andrew you nailed it for me. I was trying to show the ambience and the contrast between THEN and NOW.
    Patrik

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Patrik I enjoy the atmosphere conveyed in your first photograph. Great showing the busy human activity with the ancient ruins in the background - it works wonderfully. The other two photographs I class as well executed record shots but do not have the same impact for me as the first.