Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sound/Light activated trigger

Real Name
    Richard

Sound/Light activated trigger

As I grow older and more sedentary, I am always looking for ways to expand my photo horizons in a more sedate fashion One way could be to play around with high-speed light and/or sound activated photography.

Since I have just a smidgen of interest in this field, I don't want to invest several hundred dollars in a sound/light activated trigger.

I found this trigger on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Sensit...item5af3ff9856

Do you think that this will work for my limited needs?

It has a delay (which a less expensive eBay trigger doesn't include) so I suppose that I can control the time the exposure happens.

I also don't want to purchase a kit. Although, I was once quite familiar with basic electronics, I no longer have the desire to construct anything in that field...

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Re: Sound/Light activated trigger

Richard,

This looks as though it might work well. Balloon pops and such will be fun to play around with.

As for lightening strikes it would take the fun out of it for me and ruin the moment of "capture". And the look of panic on the Mrs' face when the lightening strikes,

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Yeah go on give it a go and get back to us with the results - you maybe able to use it with a dog triggering it by barking or breaking a beam - if it works there are heaps of possibilities but it may need a bit of added protection.

Real Name
    Richard

Not much lightning happening around my neck of the woods. Bursting balloons and light bulbs would probably be my main subjects.