Thread: Still I Rise

Real Name
    Murat Batmaz

Still I Rise

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Still I Rise

Another great shot Murat. This area seems to have many photo opportunities.

Dave

Real Name
    Jordan

Like this one and most of those I saw on the Flickr, Murat. What attracts me most is the fine balance between sharp silhouettes, beautiful light and the softness achieved by the long exposures.
    I also like the tonality experiments you have made with some of the landscapes.
    It would be interesting to me if you share some technicalities concerning shooting and post processing.

Real Name
    Murat Batmaz

Hi Jordan,

I shot this photo using a 10-stop ND filter with an exposure of 250 seconds. Usually, when I do a long exposure, first I expose without the filter and focus one third into the frame with an aperture of f/11. After doing a test shot, I may open my aperture to f/8 or go higher up to f/16 depending on the light and desired sharpness. Once I feel the shot is well framed and exposed, I switch to manual focus and attach my filters. I may also add a 3-stop graduated ND filter to darken the sky especially if I am shooting into the sun. When I am ready to shoot, I use a remote cable to release the shutter and avoid camera shake. Also, I always let my camera do the in-camera long exposure to avoid noise. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be more than happy to answer them even though I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to photography.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Excellent image.....i really like the wax coated appearance of slow shutter smoothening