Thread: Alaskan Brown Bears

Real Name
    Bud Ralston

Alaskan Brown Bears

I just left Lake Clark National Park Alaska. I took a number of photos of Alaskan Coastal Brown Bears (grizzlies) while I was there. Rather than load up CIC, if you're interested, take a look here:

http://www.budralston.smugmug.com/Nature/Bears

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Alaskan Brown Bears

Bud, all I can say is...DAMN!!! Those are some amazing shots!!! It looks as if you were right there in the thick of it. Very, very well done

Cheers

Real Name
    Joe

I envy you, beautiful images. To have been there and experienced. That said... did you use Lightroom for processing?

Real Name
    wm c boyer

I love it when ya can see the pupil. Now the tough part begins...which ones to PP and print.

Real Name
    Bud Ralston

Hi Joe:
    The trip has been on my bucket list for years. I figured I wasn't getting any younger. It's an experience I'll never forget. I learned a lot about myself standing in the rain for hours waiting for a bear to bolt up and chase down a salmon. Amazing watching such a powerful animal going from asleep to 40 miles an hour in just a few seconds.

I used NIK to process the photos that are on my web site now. I was with a couple pros on the trip and was very impressed with Lightroom 5 capabilities. I'm just now learning to use it. It is much better than Aperture, NIK and Topaz. When I get a chance, I will rework the photos with LR and repost them.

Real Name
    Christina

Bud,

Wow... Thank you for sharing some truly amazing images... My favourites are the ones with the bears on the beach, and the bears in the grass, especially the little cubs... beautiful images...

The trip is now on my bucket list, too..

Real Name
    Monte Comeau

Great action shots. Would love to do this one day. Excellent job.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Bud,

As you know I have a thing for bears, so this morning I had more time to view your beautiful bear gallery, and I picked out my favourite images which are

2,28,30,35,42,48,53,64 and 66

I think these are my favourites for a combination of being perfectly photographed, showcasing the beautiful fur on the bear at its best, the setting/background and the moment captured. All beautiful, but I think these ones are extra special.