Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon 70D out now

Real Name
    Dave

Canon 70D out now

I see the Canon 70D has finally hit the streets (well Ken R*******) has his.

Anyone dived in yet?

Dave

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Canon 70D out now

It has been on sale here for a couple of weeks at least. I have been watching various forums for any reports about it but nothing yet.

Real Name
    Dave

It's been "on sale" here too, but with no stock to ship. For interest, what's the price in Aussie $'s?

Real Name
    Allan Short

Here in Canada in Toronto at Vistek it is showing body only $1,299.00

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Adrian

Yes, I am waiting to see one in the flesh as we may well buy a body to replace our 40D as our crop / backup body. The specs are attractive as a all round camera and I will be interested to see the tilt and swivel touch screen in action, especially as live view focus should now be quick. Pity it does not have the expanded focus points of the 5DIII, but I suppose they need to differentiate the offering.

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    It's been "on sale" here too, but with no stock to ship. For interest, what's the price in Aussie $'s?
    I saw it in one store last week for $1499 with 85mm STM lens

Real Name
    Richard

I would really be interested in this camera if I used my SLR for video. It has some neat bells and whistles that might make video shooting a bit easier and more productive.

However, since I generally don't use my DSLR cameras for shooting video, there is nothing in the 70D that would tempt me from my 7D cameras. Especially, since I got my two 7D bodies as Canon refurb items at a lot cheaper price than I could purchase the 70D. Obviously, in a while, the 70D will become available as a refurb item at a lower price.

NOTE: I will never again buy any Canon camera, except as a Canon Refurbished item! IMO, the Canon Service Centers have a far better quality control than the Canon Assembly line. When I purchase a Canon Refurbished item, I know that it has been checked by a human before it has been released. That means, I will never buy a camera in the feeding frenzy that occurs as a new model is released.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 2nd September 2013 at 02:31 PM.