Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Where's my treat

Real Name
    Debbie

Where's my treat

My dogs are very accustomed to having to sit for a camera, but they do expect the treat they have been promised in a very timely fashion, especially Gitte.

I was goofing around doing big nose close ups with the wide angle. I liked this one. I wish I had just a smidge more below her chin, but I was too focused on getting her eyes, I didn't notice her snout was almost out of the frame. But this is the photo, no cropping.

I don't believe I see any distortion. Her head is bigger because she was very close, but I don't think her head is warped or out of proportion. Thats the effect I was going for and I believe its in an acceptable range.

18mm, f/5.6, 1/400, ISO 640

C&C always welcome.

Where's my treat

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Where's my treat

I think you accomplished what you set out to do, Debbie

Bruce

Real Name
    Debbie

Thank you Bruce

Real Name
    Richard

Yep, there is some distortion but, I have seen distortion many times when my larger dogs have come right up to me for treats. It is natural and I kind of like increasing the effect with a w/a lens, as long as I realize that this was done to accentuate the dogs nose...

What I would rather see, however is a less busy background...

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Yep, there is some distortion but, I have seen distortion many times when my larger dogs have come right up to me for treats. It is natural and I kind of like increasing the effect with a w/a lens, as long as I realize that this was done to accentuate the dogs nose...

What I would rather see, however is a less busy background...
    Thanks for the comments Richard. I'm OK with the stuff in the background, I call it 'Yard Photography', I kind wanted to include some of those things to give the photo some context. But I do value your comments and clean backgrounds are very much on my radar when composing photos.