Thread: Proud Mum

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Proud Mum

Congratulations to my wonderful daughter Lottie who will be taking her place at Exeter University this year after gaining her required A Levels (actually she surpassed them with an A* and an A). Not only my beloved child she has been my muse over the years and although my heart will break when I finally let go in a few weeks I know in my heart that she will succeed and have a wonderful life....(I am actually crying writing this!!).......who can I photograph now....

Proud Mum

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Proud Mum

That is one nice portrait of your daughter.

Bruce

Real Name
    Christina

Beautiful portrait and story..

Real Name
    Richard

Wonderful portrait of a lovely lady. Congratulations on her acceptance to University! However, I am sure that is bitter-sweet to you!

A friend once said that raising a child is like building an arrow. You choose the best and straightest shaft, find and attach the best feathers and then secure a head to balance the entire arrow. You work hard over this project and do your very best to protect the arrow as you are working on it. However, one day, you have to shoot the arrow and let it fly on its own...

Best of luck with your beautiful arrow!

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Mum, you have reason to be proud. Not only of your daughter but also of this portrait of her.
    Hope you will be framing it.

Real Name
    Jon

Joanne, I know exactly how you are feeling right now Last year we sent our daughter off to school for her first year.The only saving factor was her pure excitement to go. Well, she came home for the summer and we just kicked her our of the house for her second year (it does get easier). She has sign a tear lease on an apartment so I don't see her coming home for more than a week or so at a time in the future. We raise them the best we can and then we have to let them live their lives
    Best of luck to Lottie! and to you.

Oh, by the way...wonderful portrait shot

I am sure you will find something else to shoot. Maybe a youth lacrosse team???

Real Name
    Jon

Joanne, I know exactly how you are feeling right now Last year we sent our daughter off to school for her first year.The only saving factor was her pure excitement to go. Well, she came home for the summer and we just kicked her our of the house for her second year (it does get easier). She has sign a tear lease on an apartment so I don't see her coming home for more than a week or so at a time in the future. We raise them the best we can and then we have to let them live their lives
    Best of luck to Lottie! and to you.

Oh, by the way...wonderful portrait shot

I am sure you will find something else to shoot. Maybe a youth lacrosse team???