Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Level Headed

Level Headed

Spirit level from a Christmas cracker (M&S too )

Level Headed

And a view of the 'bubble' using a 50mm Zuiko reversed and pushed against the DSLR body.
    Level Headed

Oh and a view of the offending Christmas cracker...

Level Headed

Re: Level Headed

The last shot was superb, the DOF was controlled very well, and the exposure looked perfect. I don't find the 2nd shot was that interesting though.

Thanks Yan,

I have to agree that the first 2 shots are mundane. The 'bubble' was an experiment in reversing the lens on the camera to get a macro effect.

Steve

Hi guys

I have to disagree. Number two: I like the double bubble from a design point of view: the repeated shapes, & repeated colour. Simple, well-balanced. Mind you, I like saturated colour.

I have more of a problem with form <sigh> & concept formation <groan>. As for PP in photoshop, my fingers get tangled!

So I do like your choice of subject. Who was it said "the magic of the mundane"?

Nihia
    Last edited by Nihia; 13th January 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo

Real Name
    Steve

I like them all; I don't fancy doing the reversed lens thing though because my house is dusty.

Thanks for the comments Nihia. The Photoshop (or GIMP in my case) is very simple stuff limited to level, curves and USM.

Arith, you may have a point but since I do not try serious Landscapes (yet) I rarely use apertures smaller than f/8 so minor sensor fluff goes unseen. I think you need to be using aperture smaller than f/11 to get fluff showing up on the image and since by christian name is not Ansel I do not get too fussed. Simple precaution is to keep the camera pointing downward when he lens is off but this my be an old togs tale.

Steve

Real Name
    Steve

I tried cheating with reverse lens by just putting a lens up to the lens on the camera; but the aperture was either closed down or that's why it isn't done that way because it was more like a microscope. Focussing on my mobile phone I could only get part of a key.

I might try it one day after a lot of hoovering; my computer has 5 fans and I also put two filters on the input fans because they get clogged up with dust after only a couple of months.

When I change a lens I can do the swap in less than a second.