Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon lens noise update

Real Name
    Sue

Canon lens noise update

Hello, it's been a while, just thought I would update you on this subject. Since April I have used my 70-300 mm lens extensively and I don't notice the barrel noise at all. I was asked about softness of the lens, can't say I notice much, it does depend on speed and ISO but and I have had a couple of images that would fit that description.
    I think it's a great lens and I'm having a lot of fun using it and would recommend it.

Hopefully I will post an image shortly if i can figure how to do it so you can see the results. Thanks for all the previous comments about this much appreciated.
    Sue

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Re: Canon lens noise update

FWIW...I never buy any lens without checking the reviews including, the MTF Characteristics which can be found here....http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/...ork_iii_en.asp

Real Name
    Sue

I do too, none of the reviews I read mentioned it, plus I was looking for quality of the glass etc and none of my other lenses do it so wasn't expecting it. On average I take a good few weeks before deciding about any new kit, thanks for the link I'll take a look.

Real Name
    Graham Serretta

The Canon 70-300 f4-5.6 IS USM delivers superb image quality and punches way above it's price class. It gives good sharpness across the frame wide open at all focal lengths. The downside is that it has a micro-motor for focussing, which is noisy and it does not focus internally i.e the front barrel rotates while focussing and you can't over-ride the focus manually unless you switch to manual focus. I have one and use it for BIF.
    http://slrgear.com/reviews/showprodu...uct/253/cat/11