Thread: Another Lotus Temple Sun Shot, India

Real Name
    Raj

Another Lotus Temple Sun Shot, India

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to reach position Perfect?

It is an HDR image of Lotus Temple, digitally blended in photoshop manually.

Thank You

Another Lotus Temple Sun Shot, India

Camera : Sony A57
    Lens : 18-55mm Kit Lens
    Focal lenfth : 18mm
    ISO : 100
    EV Range: -2 0 +1
    Last edited by fotugraphy; 4th August 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Another Lotus Temple Sun Shot, India

Raj

I think that was an excellent idea and a good composition. You may have intended them to be there, but I find the flare spots are distracting

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nice shot Raj. I'd probably get rid of the flare spots too.

I think you've done a good job with the HDR blending however as is often the case with HDR, you can end up with an image that's a little lacking in contrast. I'd be inclined to decrease the highights a bit and increase the mid-tone contrast a bit. That's just my personal taste of course.

Dave

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Raj

I think that was an excellent idea and a good composition. You may have intended them to be there, but I find the flare spots are distracting
    Thank you for your kind review. Yes, i deliberately put the flares there just to bring the viewer's attention from sun to the silky water. Please share your experience on when to keep the flares and when to remove them so that i will try my best not to repeat it Regards

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Nice shot Raj. I'd probably get rid of the flare spots too.

I think you've done a good job with the HDR blending however as is often the case with HDR, you can end up with an image that's a little lacking in contrast. I'd be inclined to decrease the highights a bit and increase the mid-tone contrast a bit. That's just my personal taste of course.

Dave
    Thanks for the image review. I will keep your kind suggestions in my mind for my next workflow. Initially i ended up with a natural looking poped and sharp HDR image, but then i brought midtone contrast down and added warm and little bit of tint to the image to make it little bit of surreal. I will try to control my hands on midtone contrasts in my next work flow. Regards

Real Name
    james

Raj I like this one better! I would lose the flare spots also , the curves of the architecture pull your eyes from top down to center. So you don't really need them to direct you to the water. I like that you included the water, It makes it seam peaceful as a Temple should.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Raj I like this one better! I would lose the flare spots also , the curves of the architecture pull your eyes from top down to center. So you don't really need them to direct you to the water. I like that you included the water, It makes it seam peaceful as a Temple should.
    Thanks for the suggestion I keep it in my mind for my next workflow