Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: PP Challenge #22

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

PP Challenge #22

After Chris's (CJK) superb win in #21 (see here), we're ready to go with #22

The closing date for entries into this thread is Monday 26th August ..... because I need to get votes in and counted before I go on holiday/vacation on 31st August.

The purpose of the challenge is to provide all members with the same image and with it, an opportunity to explore and develop their post-processing skills and to examine and learn from how they and others approach the task. Although there will be a vote, the idea is not to be competitive, but to engage in a learning process. So, discussions and exchanges of views as we go along, are encouraged, although it would be helpful to avoid the 'Wow', 'I love it' type posts if we can.

The image file:
    Chris wasn't in a position to provide a file for this challenge, so it's one of mine. I'm really interested to see what you do, as I've been trying to make an image out of this RAW file for over 2 years and can never get what I want.

And the image?

PP Challenge #22

I've had a problem and cannot seem to upload the 30Mb TIF so that I can provide a link. So all that there is to work with are the RAW and the JPG. You can download:
    The RAW (CR2) file (14Mb) here
    And the JPG (7Mb) version is here

The culture and values of CiC as embraced by its members makes the need for over-formalisation of procedures & guidelines largely unnecessary. However, we cannot always know who is joining the forum and some formalisation is required, particularly to protect the work of the person who has offered the image for post-processing.

These procedures are:-

You download the image, process it and then post it back up to this thread.
    Photographs should be posted in this thread before the closing date (don't leave it too late).
    No voting allowed for your own entry.
    Each entrant will be allowed one submission.
    All entrants must work on the file made available for download. Any other image posted into the thread will be deleted.
    Entrants may use appropriately licensed images to assist in the creative process, but the original must remain the basis of the finshed product and the entered image be a representation of that original.
    The image file made available for the challenge will remain the sole property of the person who made it available for the purpose, under a Creative Commons SA Licence. A full copy of the licence can be viewed HERE

Any person downloading the image offered for editing in this challenge, whether they submit an entry in the challenge or not, is deemed to accept the terms of the licence and to be bound by it.
    A decision to pursue a claim against anyone breaching the terms of the licence shall be a matter solely for the copyright holder; i.e. the member who offered the image for download in this challenge. ‘Cambridge in Colour’ cannot be held responsible or liable for any breach of the Creative Commons SA Licence.

NB - The best way of dealing with this formality is to resolve that the only thing you will do with the image you downloaded is work on it for entry in this challenge and that you WILL NOT use it for any other purpose.

Voting, Choosing the next image file and telling us How You Did It:-

When announced, voting (open to any member) will be by Private Message (PM) to Donald, over a period of two days or so. This will ask you simply to say which you think demonstrates best PP skills and artistic presentation. Automated voting may be introduced at a later stage.

The ‘winner’ of one challenge will be asked to provide an image for the next challenge, or delegate that ‘honour’ to a Mod. The ‘winner’ will also be invited to tell us what they did (so keep a note).

Have fun ... and good luck!

Real Name
    Philip

Re: PP Challenge #22

Happy Memories of a Walk with Dad:

PP Challenge #22

All processing done in Corel PaintShop Pro X4.

Philip
    Last edited by Donald; 10th September 2013 at 09:23 PM.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Here is my attempt. Since it was Donald's photo, I had to make it B&W and square.

PP Challenge #22

Real Name
    Diane

A different world lies beyond.......

PP Challenge #22

Diane

Real Name
    Christina

A Lesson Learned

Last edited by Donald; 10th September 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Real Name
    Pete Bond

Re: A Place to Call Home

PP Challenge #22
    Revisited
    PP Challenge #22

Real Name
    John

PP Challenge #22

Real Name
    Jeff

PP Challenge #22
    Last edited by Donald; 10th September 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Real Name
    Catherine

Impressions
    [IMG]PP Challenge #22[/IMG]

Real Name
    Laszlo Takacs

Re: PP Challenge #22 A drive in the countryside

[IMG]PP Challenge #22[/IMG]

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Competition Closed - Voting now open

Okay - COMPETITION CLOSED. VOTING OPEN.

Everyone is now invited to send me a PM (Private Message) voting for the IMAGE NUMBER, not the Post Number, for the entry that you think has demonstrated the most skilful and creative post-processing skills, given the picture appearing in Post #1 of this thread.

Entrants are not allowed to vote for their own entry.

The winner will be announced in a few days time from the posting of this message. They will then be invited to talk us through what they did to create the image. They will also be invited to submit the file that will be used in the next PP Challenge.

I'm waiting for your vote.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

The result

Go here to view the result.