Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Stone Angel in Glenwood

Real Name
    Allan Short

Stone Angel in Glenwood

Helped at a photo show today, a friend of England has been doing some IR photography lately which got me thinking. So I went over to Glenwood Cemetery in Picton, Ontario with my old D70 camera converted to IR to try my hand. It has been sometime since I have played around on the IR side of photography, have forgotten a lot on the post production of IR images going to have to read up again on it. What I did was worked the image in Adobe Raw than converted it to B&W in Nik Sliver Efex Pro 2. I think it came out not to bad there are a couple of these angels, this one I am drawn to. Glenwood Cemetery is a beautiful spot with very steep rolling hills covered in century old hardwoods, in the fall it is breath taking with all those colours and in winter very calming with a layer of deep snow covering everything.

Cheers:

Allan

Stone Angel in Glenwood

Real Name
    Phil Page

Re: Stone Angel in Glenwood

A nice conversion, Allan. If you're using Silver Efex, perhaps adding another layer from this would help further.

If you create another Neutral conversion, adjusting the grain to its finest, lowering the brightness sliders (or using curves), and perhaps adding a little vignette, and finally brushing in over this image for the background, that may emphasise the angel more and keep the viewer's eye more on the subject than the bright sky and headstones
    Last edited by dubaiphil; 1st August 2013 at 07:27 AM.

Real Name
    Dan

I have no clue about IR but simply as an ignorant viewer the subject doesn't stand out from the BG.

Real Name
    Shane

Allan; I like the subject but I think that it needs a tighter crop. If you remove most of the sky and the right most headstone I think that you can maintain the aspect ratio and the angel will really pop. It is a different image and my suggestion may not fit with your vision which is the most important thing